cascadeclimber & cascadesprayer of the year...

offwidthclimber

so if it's already been done, screw off, i missed it... grin.gif" border="0

i would like to open nominations for the cascadeclimber of the year and the cascadesprayer of the year.

ahem...

my nominations for cascadeclimber of the year go to RETROSAURUS & MATTP.

One of Retrosaurus' most recent posts, after a well deserved hiatus, sums his case up:

"A year and a half ago I fell off of Mount Stuart while holding on to a piece of granite roughly the size of a Volkswagen. Rock and I fell free for about 20 feet before impacting a steep snowslope. The fall continued for about another 80 feet. Cartwheeling, rock, rope, ice ax, snow. The two pieces of gear on the rope did nothing to arrest the fall. After I self arrested with my hands and feet, I found that the rope had been chopped, pressure melted three feet from my bowline-on-a-coil tie in. Ripped the tips off of every digit, abraded the right side of my face, dislocated my left thumb, severly bruised left thigh from butt cheek to knee, and crushed the lateral aspect of my left talus (the bone that forms the lower half of the ankle's joint surface). There were no pieces of bone large enough to fix in place surgically. So I was casted for about six months while all the crumbs found a home."

now that's fierce! glad to hear Retro came away in seemingly one piece, and best wishes for the fullest recovery possible. besides surviving a wicked "act of god", retrosaurus is a prized cc.com member who expounds valued truths and insights, and can get a little fiesty from time to time.

mattp, my other nominee is an effortlessly cool, well-deserved, alpine buddy. besides belaying my bitch ass up squire creek wall once upon a time, mattp is a well versed, educated, highly admirable guru of climbing and backcountry skiing. the man is hell on skiis and rope. he excells at long alpine rock routes, and from what i can tell, impressive ski tours and descents. mattp has long since provided a strong, analytical voice of reason, experience and truth on this board. he seemingly knows all when someone posts a question about a peak or range and is more than happy to share beta or whatever is asked of him. he has also aggresively helped fight for approach/access in the darrington area and has done much trail taming and first ascents. mattp is a first rate hell of a guy that anyone would be priviledged to share a rope with.

here's to retrosaurus & mattp as my nominees for cascadeclimbers of the years.

and now on to my nominations for cascadesprayer of the year.

this is a difficult one, but it's a tie in my books between DRU and CPT. CAVEMAN.

both these elusive, tricky fellows are capable of dropping the most venomous or humourous spray at any moment, potent enough to drop the most accomplished cascadeclimber dead in their tracks.

dru, king of peak trivia and witty, obscure spray is a posting king of cascadeclimber fame, and able to respond to any post or spray at a moment's notice. aside from his spray, dru seems to reveal plenty of beta, humor and interesting stories. he is also a wealth of knowledge about climbing in the PNW. cheers.

cpt. caveman is one of a kind. from his desire to kill lambone (c'mon cpt - you can't be a good cascadesprayer of the year from prison) to his biting sarcasm and straight-forward spray at anytime, anyplace, the caveman has secured a right in my books as one of the most intriguing, laughable, scary spraylords of this forum. go cpt. caveman, go! just don't kill lambone, please... that would kill (no pun intended) a large amount of your spray subject material.

congrats to the nominees. may a happy, frosty king cobra greet you and cheer you on to victory.

spray on!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I nominate c.c.com as the "tit" climbing site on the net. I've checked out most of the others that y'all have mentioned over the last few months, and this site does the nasty. We've got smarter, wittier, braver, nastier, crazier, more well-hung, climbin' sons-a-bitches (present company excluded) than the other sites. Fuck them! Now that that's said, I think y'all should kiss my [Moon][big Drink]

[ 02-22-2002: Message edited by: trask ]