WTB/Discuss Packable Puffy for A Small Lady

ropegoat

So the girlfriend is a ripping skier and wants to get in the backcountry this year, and is counting on my snow camping skills to keep us warm.

Skills nothing, I count on my ArcTeryx Dually to keep me warm.

She is a women's extra small in most things, any recommendations for a very warm puffy coat for a small lady? I just can't swing retail for an XS Dually. I'd prefer something synthetic. Patagonia DAS is the only other alternative I know of, and not a bad one. Anything else I should look for?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Patagonia Rubicon Rider in womens XS - not the most packable, but a solid jacket for sure.

http://www.departmentofgoods.com/patagonia-rubicon-rider-jacket-womens-pat1660

Or you could get the EB First Ascent primaloft jacket for $199

Jacket

And if you have an old winter coat to donate, you can get a 20% coupon for your entire purchase from EB. More info here:

http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/One-Warm-Coat/index.cat

Edited by Jon H

I'm neither a small nor a ripping skier, but I'm quite happy with my DAS, take it everywhere in winter, and have even worn it when skinning at times. Warmest jacket I've ever had, which admittedly isn't saying much, as the runner up is one of those old NF two-tone down jackets from the late 90s with no hood.