More spray!

mikeadam

quote:

Originally posted by trask:
I have a pressing Colorado related question. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that climbers from Colorado seem to be always pickin' and snipein' at the PNW climbers. What gives there anyway? They also seem to have a lot more tree sap stuck to their forearms. Am I wrong here?

Examples? rolleyes.gif" border="0

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My battle list:

*Sexual Chocolate (I miss him)

*Rev D. Wayne Love (If I ever see that pervert I'm going to cut his nuts off and feed them to him!)

*The German Guy (I can't remember what his name was, Pope hasn't used him lately)...pretty sad when you're mad at imaginary people, eh?

*Donna Top Step (would like to challenge her to a mud-wrestling match)

cool.gif" border="0 Settle down there, young brutha cool.gif" border="0 It seems as if you may need some layin'on of the hands. I just might have to come out there an' wipe my name up offa' yo' lips- cool.gif" border="0 Now you don't wanna get on this here Rev'ren's bad side or I'll be introducin' you to the business end of my boot.....next time you you open yo' mouth, I'll be insertin' my holiness in all of it's girth- got it boy!??

quote:

Originally posted by trask:
I have a pressing Colorado related question. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that climbers from Colorado seem to be always pickin' and snipein' at the PNW climbers. What gives there anyway? They also seem to have a lot more tree sap stuck to their forearms. Am I wrong here?

So I lived in CO for 3 years and I quite often have tree sap on my forearms. Am I part of this problem Trask?

quote:

Originally posted by Charlie:
mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0
THAT'S IT! I'M SICK OF YOU, YOU DIRTY REVEREND! YOU JUST NAME THE TIME AND PLACE AND I'LL BE THERE TO KICK YOU'RE HOLY ASS!

Remember Charlie, kick a reverend's ass and you'll end up smoking a turd in purgatory with Blakely (Blow up Mary Magdalene thing) wink.gif" border="0

Rumor has it that someone was going to the Rev's confessional one day to confess cunnilingus. Being rather nervous about his pentence, he asked an altar boy what the reverend gives for oral sex. 2 candy bars and a coke was the reply.

Not necessarily Alpine. Unless of course you think you're better than the locals cause you lived and climbed in Colorado. But you're probably from Washington too, so I guess you're a local too. If you read the threads it's obvious that there's some anamosity between the states. No big deal. I wasn't trying to start shit. It was just an observation. I think there's been enuf uptight shit happening here today. Peace.

quote:

Originally posted by AlpineK:
I lived there and there is good climbing, but PNW kicks COs butt anyday in my book. You should see what they call glaciers there.

Dude - what are you talking about! The glaciers in the park are huge. I was on one just a couple of months ago and it was at least the size of a couple of football fields with a crevasse that was at least a couple of feet deep. You could really twist your ankle in that thing if you weren't careful!

Seriously though - one thing about Colorado that really does suck is the lightning that plagues the entire state during summer afternoons, especially on the front range. It usually starts blasting away by 12:30 or so. This really sucks in the park, where it can snow until early July, and by which time the lightning has already started in a big way. About the only time you can climb the big stuff safely is a one or two week interval in mid-September when the lightning is tapering off and the odds of snowfall are relatively low.

And as long as I'm on the topic, other things that suck are a twitchy continental snowpack, and the long intervals between powder days. The snow's great when it comes in, but the freshies are much more consistent in the PNW. Plus the terrain is better out there - nothing that compares to Crystal Mountain's Backcountry terrain or the stuff at Whistler/Blackcomb. Even the "legendary" back bowls at Vail are weak by comparison.

The only area's where Colorado has a clear edge over the PNW are the sunshine and the ice. The fact that you're closer to Utah, Wyoming, and New Mexico is a plus as well. Anyhow, my three year tour here will come to an end shortly so I'll have to resign my membership in the Colorado Booster's society before too long....

quote:

Originally posted by z:
Nobody is going to refute that washington kicks ass over colorado...

...except for the traffic and the weather. I've lived in both places for a while and those are two things that absolutely suck about (western)Washington.

JayB, catch the back side of the lows to avoid the lightning...watch the pressure rise and go when it first starts to level off, otherwise you're in the high wind zone. Look upstream for dark areas on the satellite vapor images.

No water in the air, no lightning. Since it is at least theoretically possible for an airmass to pick up some moisture from snowpack, lakes, dense forests, etc, keep watch in the am. On a good day, you may not see clouds at all until 11 or noon. Significant cloud cover before 9am or vertical development by 10 or 11 and you're at risk.

Cheers, and good climbing.

I do battle with Lambone. I tried to be friendly multiple times but homey keeps stepping on my shoes.

Alex constantly trying to correct me when I need none. Insults me by using my name as a threatener to homeys that asked for the death threats grin.gif" border="0

Chongo I like that name and am jealous. I want that as my 50th avatar.

Max for targeting me when I never even talk about him. Max can kiss it.

DanE for targeting me as well. It is obvious he has to disagree with me even when I am trying to be friendly.

Dru he keeps trying to catch me mad.gif" border="0

Philfart because he has the Beckey signature and I dont!

Trask because he sprays better than me.