Seattle Cop Shoots Homeless Native WoodCarver

EWolfe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But in all seriousness, he is a murderer, plain and simple, cop or not.

Too many cops reach for the gun too soon. Their general lack of training in non-lethal methods, overall poor physical conditioning, and lack of patience means shit like this will happen again. In any event, since when is it a crime to carry a knife in public? The guy was a woodcarver for God's sake.

But in all seriousness, he is a murderer, plain and simple, cop or not.

Too many cops reach for the gun too soon. Their general lack of training in non-lethal methods, overall poor physical conditioning, and lack of patience means shit like this will happen again. In any event, since when is it a crime to carry a knife in public? The guy was a woodcarver for God's sake.

sorry but I don't think so. They use non-lethals all the time. Watch Cops- they use that stuff like candy. Where'd you get your information? Top of your head? Ya, thought so.

And the illegal part is disobeying a direct command from a police officer. That and wielding a weapon while coming at the police officer.

I'm not saying he was right or wrong- but you guys seem to be. Leave it to the courts and not the ill-informed news media.

Eh, I don't think the guy deserved to get tazed either, even if the officer had that option. As FW pointed out, he wasn't breaking the law carrying a 3" wood carving knife. I'm only speculating, but I seriously doubt the officer even had a justifiable reason for engaging the guy in the first place. It sure doesn't sound like he was threatening anybody with that knife. The cop had 2 years experience - that is hardly a veteran, that is a rookie, and it sure seems like he committed a rookie mistake and the situation quickly escalated from there. In the end though, he should be punished not for being a bad cop but for being a murderer, which is what he is, IMHO of course. :)