Washington Pass Beta

kevino

Haven't been up there and have two questions...

For people that stay a handful of nights up there, do you sleep at road pull outs, in campgrounds or..?

Second, does verizon have service up there? Going to be meeting up with a second partner while I'm up there so just wanted to know in advance to figure out logistics...

Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've stayed at the pullouts before, but found it's worth the $12 a night for the Lone Fir campground. Far less bugs and traffic. Only a ten minute drive to the pass.

And NO on cellie, you'll lose good coverage in rockport, with a tiny window in Newhalem, after that it's all the way to Winthrop before it comes back.

Have fun! That's my favorite climbing neighborhood in WA

there was (and hopefully still is) a pay phone at the mazama general store.

the early winters campground (my name may be off but the nearest campground to mazama) is nice too. I haven't stayed at any other though. A nice creek to chill beers.

If you are on the cheap, you can stay at the cutthroat trail head for free. there are a scattering of camp spots or stay in your vehicles. A outhouse is available and a creak is nearby. I have not had issues with bugs there but I could have been lucky.