Grid Bolting style

Cpt.Caveman

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron, You may be a nice guy but did we think before we drilled?

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000203.html

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000232.html

MX

On Belay posted 03-25-2001 06:29 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the route last week and must say it's really nice. It's a great, pleasant line with varied climbing and lots of fun movement. The approach offers a nice warm up and super views of the Stuart Range. My only complaint is that the route is overbolted. I appreciate the route setter's desire to make the route safe and popular, but anyone who can climb 5.10b can deal with a fifteen foot runout on 5.6 slabs.

My advice is to do it in three and a half pitches. Bring 16 draws (or tweleve and skip a bunch of bolts) and do two "pitches" at a time. Basically, it's a nice three pitch route with super views.

IP: Logged

Freerider

unregistered posted 03-25-2001 11:02 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you MX for your constructive comments, they have been duely noted!

I'd rather be outside,

ron

We don't even HAVE an army! All we have is "peacekeepers" who go into an area where the US New World Order has screwed things up and keep the citizens from killing each other by duct taping them to the walls of their houses! And on American beer - well I saw a can of 5.5% alc./vol beer in the US labelled "strong beer", or even "malt liquor". In Canada it's got to be over 7% to be "strong" and over 20% to be "liquor" eh! 5.5% beer is just for cleansing your palate between mouthfuls of the good stuff!

http://www.unibroue.com/index.cfm?largeur=800&javascript=oui

Dru,

Botttom line your beer tastes like piss and looks like it too.

Maybe you need an introduction to one of my favs Bigfoot Ale by Sierra Nevada 10.5% alc. I call a truce to your crew Dru. I bring the brew you bring the Tango Oscah Kilo Echo and we have a party in the Icicle next time you are here.

Cpt.Caveman

ahhh looks like my cave boy and a lil' nucker are gettin' into it. how cute! all this shit talkin is makin' me thirsty! dru have one of your finest wenches bring me uni-brow! and a fire roasted spotted owl.

hoot hoot....

Dru,

They are what I see going on with the whole bolt up in WA pass route thread. I personally think that those guys look like this.

Chongo we are the same clan well said.

Truce is off with Dru the Canadian. We will pillage his village of Chillidog and take his women and beer.

Still getting reports\sightings from recon squad420 of bumbly Canadians in pink Spandex. Hmm what is up with them limp wristed Canadians...

Captain caveman,

You state that the US keeps Canada around "for the hash production". First of all, hash is not commercially produced in Canada. Canadians only grow the finest hydroponic marijuana available. Hash is a low grade hemp product typically produced in third world countries such as Morocco. I know you Americans are lied to by your own government, so I just thought I would clear that up.

As for Canadians being "limp wristed", well, that really hurts......

Thomas wink.gif

Actually, hash is produced in Canada in small quantities. At least once a year some trailer trash type will blow himself up while cooking down the hemp with Coleman fuel as a solvent or whatever and chain smoking. Boom!

And Capt. Raveman, that's not pink lycra, it's pink skin under the infamous "transparent Lycra".

• 3 years later...