Past Cabo Trip with Rock and Skin

flashclimber

I was sitting here watching American Idol and got bored, So Im posting an old trip to Cabo San Lucas where I actually climbed in the morning before it hit 100 degrees. Sorry there isnt many climbing pics, but thats what happens when ur soloing by yourself.

People started chasing shade right where I wanted to climb!

cabo_san_lucas_0503_104.jpgcabo_san_lucas_0503_106.jpg

A view of the beach

cabo_san_lucas_0503_071.jpg

One of the few rock climbing walls in a bathroom. I give it a V1 rating.

cabo_san_lucas_0503_1171.jpg

A pic of my wife on the way out to the beach

cabo_san_lucas_0503_116.jpg

Those darn tattoos

IMG_1337.JPG

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a really fun place to go for tequila, sun, fishing, etc. but if you really want to go rock climbing, you will BE at Josh as Cabo is a tit on a boar hog in comparison.

Amazingly there's some pretty good rock in the 2,000 miles between Cabo San Shithole and Joshua Tree.

As Hugh indicated, there is some good rock on the Baja Peninsula but the walls around the Arch at Cabo look great from afar but upon close inspection are loose and scaly as Gspotter alluded to. Leave the gear at home and have fun with booze, dancing, sun, sand, paragliding, the quest for marlin, trying to avoid beggars and time share salespersons (same gene pool but different incomes), and best of all the in-the-pool happy hours and the all you can drink booze cruises!

J-Tree or other venues are waiting for you on return or once the hangover subsides.

And flashclimber, kudos for your avatar, you can become the new Couloir of cc.com.

Edited by matt_warfield

If you go, bring a pair of shoes and a chalk bag. You wont be sorry if you do. I've found tons of boulders around Cabo and on the beach.

When Im there, I prefer the water sports and the sight seeing. But thats gets old after about 7 days so I go searching for something to climb.

Enjoy!