memorial for the fallen cc.comers?

genepires

After reading the thread about the missing hood climbers, I got to thinking that lots of people know this man but many more don't. This is a small vaguely knit community and when one of our own has moved on, it would be really good if we all got to know the person. Maybe this can be done via a memorial post. Maybe a showing of the person TR's and shared stories from friends. Of course with no spray and respectful as expected for adults. Something that relatives of the victims could look at also.

(if I knew his "avatar" I would link his trip reports here)

If you think this is a dumb idea, let me know.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know his avatar here, but agree that we need to step back and give the families space until there is some resolution (and hopefully the other two are safely off). I don't want the media taking the images or words from here, and there will be the right time to do what you mention. I don't think it is dumb idea, just a little early to do it.

At least one of them is a part of our family here on CC.com, and we should be mindful of their family and friends and what they are going through.