Back to the future!

Peter_Puget

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and what would those skills be? There's still three years left in his term, moreover, after 11 months in office only a fool would have expected all our problems to be solved by now.

I wasn't saying all of our problems should be solved. In 11 months he has reached the same level of srongly disapprove that Bush had when he left office. His Pres Index has reached new lows. (linky) He will soon have very little power to get things done - well he might be a large factor in the Dems losing power. I guess that is bipartisanship of sorts.

Rightfully so, the public's patience is also at an all time low, so it's no surprise Obama's honeymoon was short lived.

We know where you stand on Obama, how about now you please explain what you believe would be a better strategy to fix the economy and all the other problems. Because the GOP so far has nothing to offer apart from cynicism and obstruction, occasionally mixed with nostalgic desires for a return to Reaganomics and 1950's social values. If that's also your solution, elaborate on how this would fix the problem, please.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704107604574607793378860698.html

here is a true capitalist outlook: buy a house boat and ride it out!

Ewww. You hit on a real sick fucker here. I'll take the Palin-ite irrationals over these fundamentalist deadenders any day.

Now where have I heard argument before?...

Edited by prole

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704107604574607793378860698.html

here is a true capitalist outlook: buy a house boat and ride it out!

Not only does the neo-liberal thatcherite want developing nations to ride it out but since he belongs to the church of the free market he shoves externalized costs under the rug hoping nobody will notice.

"The reason we use carbon-based energy is not the political power of the oil lobby or the coal industry. It is because it is far and away the cheapest source of energy at the present time and is likely to remain so, not forever, but for the foreseeable future."

What about the 1 trillion dollars and 2 more trillions we just committed to controlling Iraq's oil reserves? or the 100's of billions per year in environmental/resource destruction and human health factor involved in coal production?

The overriding priority for the developing world has to be the fastest feasible rate of economic development, which means, inter alia, using the cheapest available source of energy: carbon energy.

Moreover, the argument that they should make this economic and human sacrifice to benefit future generations 100 years and more hence is all the less compelling, given that these future generations will, despite any problems caused by warming, be many times better off than the people of the developing world are today.

Ooo, I really like this part. For the best case scenario, one need only look at the paradise that the most successful, most carbon intensive city in the world presents to the majority of its residents every day: Los Angeles!