Alpine ice in full swing!

Dane

Check out this picture on the Croz Spur from early Oct.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0008/2132/files/MG_7768.jpg?1254847009

Does it get any better? Baturas, Grivel Rambos and BD Cobras with umbilicals and the tiniest of climbing rucks, it is a full selection of great kit!

Video is awesome....

http://www.alpineexposures.com/blogs/chamonix-conditions

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you guys are enjoying the link. Some awesome climbs documented on Jon's web site. It is worth looking around there if like alpine ice.

If you have kept track Jon and his various partners have done an amazing number of hard classic ascents in the Alps in recent years. They typically put more milage in on Chamonix alpine ice in ONE season than most of us in North America do in several years.

For those interested in their thoughts on gear, got this from Jon earlier this morning. Thought it worth passing along.

"Will has been testing the Baturas out and likes them alot. They arent very hard wearing though (unlike the Phantoms which i use). The Rambos are just phenomenal for mixed climbing but if you're going to be hitting a mainly ice route you're always better off on dual points i think (we use the Rambos on monos and have a super lightweight pair of duals for

ice faces). I think for long ice lines you are much better of with a light pair of dual point crampons such as the G14s. Tool wise I use the Nomics which are just awesome- it takes a little while to get used to how aggressive they are and they feel shit at first! I hear amazing things about the new Fusions though with the great advantage that they have a spike at the bottom for alpine snow ridges etc."