[TR] Beasodden Rock - Dimwits in Da Deluge 10/17/2009

ivan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The corner was in great waterfall shape yesterday, though it was higher up on the easier ground that it was wettest... the lower pitches were relatively dry, with some patches of greasy right where you don't wont them, and it had just rained the day before.. Grassy ledges was muddy and Young Warriors was soaked pretty good, too. The first pitch of blownout looked nightmare-ishly greasy, which is almost worse than being wet, and I wouldn't even try to free the first pitch of dod's on a day like yesterday - even as easy as it is...

Point: One day for the corner if you want an adventure and two - three for harder stuff.

Edited by LostCamKenny

Yeah, not just cold though Steve, it was frozen solid. Everything had ice on it. The ground, the rock, the road. They barely made it out to Beacon in their car without sliding off the road and dieing. If you ever run into either of those guys, ask them about this one or the FA of Amphetamine Grip in Smith. But do the Grip route first so you have an appreciation of the story.

They'd have welcomed Ivan right into the fold for sure LOL!

funny - the first trip i ever took to smiff i led amphetamine grip after sketchy todd, who said he knew the beta for super-slab, climbed the first 1/3 of it by accident, then freaked out and came back down - the last 40 feet of that climb rawks - totally proless scary ass climbing, but only 5.8!

bill, are those their 3 pins on the first pitch of blownout?

• 1 year later...

13 months after my last soirre there, beaconben and i wandered up into the rare'auold reaches of the pipeline headwall - the rainstorm this time wasn't so scary as last time :)

i'd clambered up fresh squeeze a few weeks back and left a rope fixed - ben on the attack! (did i mention we need to pass the hate and buy old'boy a christian alarm clock? :) )

IMG_3629_800x594_.jpg

not exactly a promising day - alternating bands of mist, piss, drip, 10 second sun-breaks, n' steady rain - didn't matter much really, the wall was so soping wet looking up was a dim idea, as it invariably came w/ a phat-smack to the glaz-ball

IMG_3635_800x600_.jpg

ben at the helm - done this one a half-dozen times now so i'm always eager to talk someone else into doing the deed :)

IMG_3630_600x800_.jpg

notch of jensen's ridge over bennie's shoulder

IMG_3632_600x800_.jpg

the ensuing coupla hours gave me ample time to take in the sun-starved scenery

IMG_3640_800x588_.jpg

10 seconds of valley vistas!

IMG_3649_600x800_.jpg

where'd that white boy get to anyhow?

IMG_3647_800x600_.jpg

time 2 clean

IMG_3651_800x600_.jpg

lower outs are nice

IMG_3652_800x599_.jpg

jensen's rimjob above ben's head - wanted to work on a long-neglected and perhaps ne'er attempted line climbers right of the rimjob (thinking "jensen's rectum" will be the thing :) ) - not enough time to take it on and beat a retreat, as it is The Land of No Anchors up there, so that was that for this day, on the cusp of winter...

IMG_3653_598x800_.jpg

purty views from the top of the pipeline tower

IMG_3655_800x581_.jpg

fixed 2 lines to the anchors up there w/ intention to come back in the next few weeks and do the new thing proper - rapping down above the arena of terror i saw this beauty which begged to be cast down w/ the sodommites - didn't take much more than farting on it :P

IMG_3658_598x800_.jpg

hard rappell not to like...

IMG_3665_600x800_.jpg

IMG_3670_800x600_.jpg

IMG_3684_800x600_.jpg