Jerks

prole

Duh.

WSP troopers cleared in Seattle seagull clubbings

The Associated Press

Two Washington State Patrol troopers who killed three nuisance seagulls at the downtown Seattle ferry terminal will not be charged.

The King County prosecutor's office says the July 15 killings were neither animal cruelty nor illegal hunting.

The troopers hit the young seagulls in the heads with their batons because adult birds had been swooping at ferry employees and passengers.

The prosecutor's office said Thursday the troopers mistakenly believed they were acting under their authority to kill animals to prevent harm to people. Prosecutors say the troopers should have notified the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which routinely destroys nests and kills chicks when seagulls become a nuisance at Washington ferry terminals.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I killed a bird was in high school. I fired a twelve gauge into a flock of starlings. Six fluttered to the ground, where they lay, helpless tufts of dying dinosaur DNA, twitching. I cried and cried, then wrote a poem about it.

I did the same while working on a farm. I never seems to work during duck season though... Funny how that happens.