Beacon Rock , picture stoke, YW & Blue Bird

kevbone

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed this at first. Funny how hard it is to recognize parts of YW from a distance - looks entirely different.

I was thinking that as well....once I got over my thoughts that Kevin was just off route again. LOL

Kev, one of your better posts for sure! Looks like you got the last great weather day for a while too (except for the smart folks who went to Smith this weekend). :tup:

Arent for a partner :tup:

Is Beacon better than it looks because it looks like a shit-hole.

heretic!

okay, so it looks a bit scruffy, but it sure beats the hell outta all the other local options - popular routes are very clean though

i love bluebird - i especially like that massive block at the top of the column you stem on that wobbles like an irishman when you get to aggrressive w/ it :)

Beacon_climbing_2009_005.jpg

Hmmm, you do this move way differently - way to the left and from the look of it with a lower approach. Just saw someone else do this the other day for the first time. Looks maybe much harder as I'm thinking you wouldn't get as good a use of the diagonal crack at the apex? Do you then also stay to the left side to get established standing just above there or do you do a straight-on mantle?