Exit 38 Today... Monday

neversummer

Anybody interested, Im ready to go anytime, Tomorrow is good too. To be honest I'm somewhat of a newbie to outdoor sport climbing, done tons of bouldering and gym climbing and a little bit of leading. But I havent had any partners of late to go out an clip some hangers with and I'm itching to fire of some routes with someone.

I'm unemployed with all the free time in the world, So as B.S 'er said in a recent post... Where are we going and when do we leave?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

how hard do you want to climb? i might be free monday - depends if i go anywhere this weekend.

i just have to ask what difference does it make on how hard he wants to climb???

that questions makes little sense???

i mean i could see if you were in the ruth gorge or looking at el cap.....but sport climbing??? there is no commitment, therefore difficulty matters little...

question his belay ability or his criminal background.....

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

how hard do you want to climb? i might be free monday - depends if i go anywhere this weekend.

i just have to ask what difference does it make on how hard he wants to climb???

that questions makes little sense???

i mean i could see if you were in the ruth gorge or looking at el cap.....but sport climbing??? there is no commitment, therefore difficulty matters little...

question his belay ability or his criminal background.....

Yeah! Gapers have feeling too! [Roll Eyes]

Lawgoddess-

Anything up to about 5.11, doesnt really matter to me, I'll climb 5.7's all day if it means im out climbing. But Erik is right how I belay and whether or not I've killed anyone is probebly more important on a sport climb. The answers by the way are solid and no.

What about you? I should be free on monday if you wanna go, I've been trying to plan an enchantments trip but it fell apart.

i'm not trying to be a climbing snob, but i just spent most of my weekend with a guy who just wanted to climb 5.8's and 5.9's. don't get me wrong, because i really don't mind leading some moderates (and i even find them fun and somewhat challenging), but when it comes to sport climbing i am really trying to get better (and yes, i do mean numbers here) ... and i won't ever get "there" by only climbing moderates. i also won't get there if i'm with someone who only wants to do 12's. get my drift?

i climb at the vw in magnolia if you ever want a trial run on my belay skills.

quote:

Originally posted by neversummer:

What about you? I should be free on monday if you wanna go

i've been debating whether to head out of town for the weekend, but i've done so for at least the last four in a row so i think it might be time for a break from that. how about some 9's and 10's on the deceptive crags for monday? pm me tomorrow ...