• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
sk

washington trip

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

dats a long way to go for homebrew, iain.

yes but I might have a future source of good beer and company from fern, and that's worth any drive, no? [smile][big Drink]

Plus I need to work my commonwealth dual citizenship [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

quote:

dats a long way to go for homebrew, iain.

yes but I might have a future source of good beer and company from fern, and that's worth any drive, no?
[smile][big Drink]

if you can put up with the surliness

[big Grin]

all lies and slander and vague rumour. What I lack in rhythmic sense I make up for with volume. I play bass sometimes too. I hope the weekend will be fun for everyone. You know what to expect dru, come or don't come, je m'en fou [smile] .

10seconds from you truck means about 43210 seconds from the event iain. If I have leftovers I will bring them to smith in Nov.

double post = change status soonah [Roll Eyes]

[ 09-27-2002, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: fern ]

quote:

[big Grin]

blah blah blah giant squid blah blah blah

quote:

Originally posted by fern:

quote:

[big Grin]

blah blah blah giant squid blah blah blah

First images of giant squid may be on film

September 25 2002 at 04:05PM

Gijon, Spain - A Spanish research team believes it may have captured the first ever images of a living giant squid, a mysterious animal which has only been seen dead or dying, said a spokesperson for the documentary maker Transglobe Films.

The team of about 40 filmmakers and scientists shot more than 100 hours of footage during its 15-day Kraken Project off Spain's north-western coast, one of the areas where the giant squid is believed to live in ocean depths.

Cameras were lowered into the sea to shoot at a depth of up to 800m. The team will now examine the footage to see whether it contains shots of the giant squid, Architeuthis by its scientific name.

Local fishermen have caught large cephalopods recently, and the Kraken team retrieved a six-metre dead squid which weighed 50kg.

The giant squid can reach a length of 20m and weigh up to a ton. It has fuelled the imagination of writers such as Jules Verne, but no human being has ever faced it eye to eye. - Sapa-DPA

[Eek!][Eek!][Moon][laf][Wink][big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by forrest_m:

i hear cavey is a toothophile...

I heard that too, ...wait...

does Beckey still have teeth Ray?

Wahoo!

I got off early! I'm on my way now! Anna give me a call to findout which campsite. I'll be there before NLT 271700SEP2002 (that's 5 pm) [big Grin]

[ 09-27-2002, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: mtnrgr ]