• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
sobo

Before you ask me "HEY SOBO, WHAT TIME IS IT??"...

...please know that I just returned from the Friday Beer Run about 20 minutes ago.

And yes, I just popped the second top... :brew: :brew:

Decided to go with a half-rack of something light, crisp, refreshing, and domestically mass-produced, since I've got the rugrats for the w/e. So I went with...

rolling-rock-beer.jpg

You should know, I also picked up a sixer of each of the following:

106568.jpglarge_4895_Corona%20Beer.jpg

And a lime, of course...

apparently Sam Adams bought the old Rolling Rock brewery

Say it isn't so, Carl! :eek:

The bottles still say Latrobe, St. Louis... :confused:

Today is Red Wine day.....jus' sayin'. Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi. It's 10 steps up from 2 buck Chuck in quality and only 1 (baby) step up in price.

Woodbridge_Robert_Mondavi_Cabernet_Sauvignon.jpg

$18 and change for a 4 pack at Costco...don't swill it all down at once Paul, leave some for Moi!

Today is Red Wine day.....jus' sayin'. Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi. It's 10 steps up from 2 buck Chuck in quality and only 1 (baby) step up in price.

Woodbridge_Robert_Mondavi_Cabernet_Sauvignon.jpg

$18 and change for a 4 pack at Costco...don't swill it all down at once Paul, leave some for Moi!

"wine is fine but whiskey's quicker"

I bought a $90 bottle of Woodford Reserve Mastercraft small batch ultra-premium estate the other day and matched it up in a blind taste with 2 Bourbon snobs against a $50 bottle of Bernheim and a $33 bottle of standard Woodford Reserve Distellers Select.

The expensive bottle last, cheapest bottle first, by a wide margin.

The last bottle of Chateau Mouton Rothschild (A red French wine, probably selling in the $200 range) I opened up (last month) received a 60 plus (VS the published Robert Parker 91) from the wine snob I blindly shared that with and asked what he thought the rating was...sigh...I need to work on my snob presentation:-)

The moral of the storys: I should have given the dude the Woodbridge. That's some great stuff. Essentially "$4 Buck Chuck", I'm drinking it now and it's great.

The moral of the storys: I should have given the dude the Woodbridge. That's some great stuff. Essentially "$4 Buck Chuck", I'm drinking it now and it's great.

It's OK. What are you pairing it with?

2 buck chuck is only 4 blocks away.

And I have to get buy two bottles so I has some left when I get home. So I'm already payin Woodbridge prices.

Went with a half-rack of this and a magnum of this for the long weekend.

106568.jpg

632918539994133338.JPG

Kurt and Justin brought along at least two racks of PBers.

Everything got drunk, including Kurt. :)

It's good to finally see some quality, craft brews in a can. Like Caldera Brewing of Ashland, OR. Wish I could find some around here.

The Whole Foods around here carry them... check the ones in Portland.

It's good to finally see some quality, craft brews in a can. Like Caldera Brewing of Ashland, OR. Wish I could find some around here.

The Whole Foods around here carry them... check the ones in Portland.

Thanks for the tip. There is a new "By the Bottle" specialty beer store that just opened in Washougal and I have requested they carry it too. Hopefully they will start stocking it soon.

Not speaking for sr. de los rockon, but I'm drinking Sierra Nevada Celebration + Torpedo IPA, and the Alaskan Winter Warmer

unamazing, I know

Not speaking for sr. de los rockon, but I'm drinking Sierra Nevada Celebration + Torpedo IPA, and the Alaskan Winter Warmer

unamazing, I know

What language are we doing these days Hugh?