Obama Healthcare Lies

Fairweather

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well how many people does it server vs. Canadia? Do compare.

Let me know if this is was intended as an argument or a non-sequiter and I'll repost the figure the value that Google returns when I plug "Malta Population" into the search bar.

Yes we want pie charts and a full cost/benefit analysis for each of the top 50 countries by 8 AM tomorrow.

Why bother when you know that the US is 37th - that's right, thirty...seventh - on the WHO rankings? Any further analysis is clearly superfluous.

seriously. its not an argument. i'll take your statement as the non-sequiter.

I was actually hoping that you were going to argue that Canada is a more relevant model because the scale of a health system is more significant than the structure. Or something.

Disappointing.

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

--C.S. Lewis

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

--C.S. Lewis

Yes, and we're all still waiting for that smoking gun that details how any of the public option health care proposals under consideration in Congress are "tyrannical". Do let us know when you find it.

--C.S. Lewis

Yes, and we're all still waiting for that smoking gun that details how the public option health care proposals under consideration in Congress are "tyrannical". Do let us know when you find it.

Because it abrogates a legitimate contract I have with my health insurance provider and will ultimately force me into a long line with the likes of you and j_b.

but seriously Jay. If you're going to dis the WHO report, as least be a little more responsible in your own analysis. like steven said, give us some pie charts. make real scientific analysis rather than just being the snide and sarcastic counter point to those you despise. that my job anyway. non-sequiter.

Because it abrogates a legitimate contract I have with my health insurance provider...

Oh please. Stop me if you've heard this one before: "Like your health insurance? Fine. Keep it. The public option plan is just that, an option."

Personally, I'd like the freedom to be able to choose the option being put forth by the Obama Administration. If anyone's rights are being infringed upon, it's the people who're un and/or underinsured who'd like to have access to some goddamn health-care.

But sure, if you want to carry on about the abrogation of your health care contract, I'm sure we'd all love to get some detailed clarification on that. Looking forward to it.

Edited by prole

Personally, I'd like the freedom to be able to choose the option being put forth by the Obama Administration. If anyone's rights are being infringed upon, it's the people who're un and/or underinsured who'd like to have access to some goddamn health-care.

...and, of course, have someone else pay for it. :rolleyes: Sorry, but I would rather tolerate the present cost-shifting scheme via higher premiums than sacrifice any more freedom to government.