Getting Old sucks

billcoe

anyway, i've said many times Jh is a better climber than i am, joseph can totally dominate me climbing... and i remember saying jh would ensure success if he was your partner. but i now have other things brewing in my life at the moment and puling down hard is not one of them.

Heresy! It ain't about how "hard" one is that is important, I mean, ugly 3rd graders are out pulling me....... :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You posted up on one of the other Beacon rants about being a 'has been' climber and something about shoulders. Did I misinterpret that and actually you're good to go and climbing at 100% - hey, fuckin' great for you if that's the case. Some of us are just old, beat up, and definitely have to compensate in some way for it.

you r nutso joseph... i never really climbed anything that cool to even call myself a climber compared to most, i will say that you definitely (over) compensating for something. feel free to misinterpret that.

BORING!

• 1 month later...

Yesterday...short climb: 1/2 a pitch, reached the crux 8 feet from the top. Stood there burning the calves contemplating both how weak I was and my (solid) gear there and while considering all this and making pussy noises it started to rain....bailed off, got to the base and the heavens unleashed as I grabbed gear and dove for an overhang.

Got home by @ 1 in the afternoon, took an hour nap....felt better.

I feel good and am sore today. The moral of the story is still "Getting Old sucks", but it's better than the alternative I guess. Life is but an eyeblink.

No pictures of this grovelfest.

getting old's kewler than being 12 and living at home

getting sucked has always to my mind been a positive experience - how did it come to be used so pejoratively?

Wise words indeed....in your mind please replace the word "Suck" with "anally probed by Aliens sans lubrication" then and whenever it is used inappropriately in the future.

As long as we are on this correct use of wordage thing: I propose that in the future the word "Whore" be used as a good or positive descriptor for women, and not as a bad or negative reference to women as it traditionally has been used from now on.