RIP Brutus of Wyde

tanstaafl

For those of you who knew him through rec.climbing, Bruce Bindner was killed in an auto accident on Saturday. There is a memorial thread over on supertopo. A very sad day. Condolences to Em, Dingus, and all his friends and family. I never met him but learned so much through his words online and was lucky enough to hear stories about him from Dingus.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"wise sir, do not grieve. it is always better to avenge dear ones

than to indulge in mourning -for every one of us

living in this world means waiting for our end.

let he who can achieve glory before death

when a warrior is gone that will be his best and only bulwark"

Damn sad. Just a reminder to all: driving a friggan car, especially AFTER you are tired and have spend the day climbing, is damned hazardous. I've been getting in the habit of pulling off the road someplace and napping. 30-60 min and I pop up awake ready to go.

Dingus himself points out that he had years earlier fallen asleep on the drive home after climbing and the resulting head on impact broke his neck in several places and nearly killed him. It was a year till he climbed again. It's common, Bacher had one of those late night accidents coming home from a trade show that killed the driver and broke his neck in several places as well..... those guys got lucky is all.

Best just pull over and take a nap.

RIP Brutus, we'll hopefully meet up in the future and be climbing the Pearly Gates if all goes well when our time comes all too soon as well...

I never knew Brutus personally either, but also remember him, Dingus Milquetoast, Karl Baba, and many others from the early days of rec.climbing. Loved BoW's prose and his musings upon the webs. I am truly sorry to hear this mews. I hope his family and friends are holding up as well as can be expected.

And Snowman, that MP Holy Grail parody is pretty funny. I should know...