Cascade Climbers Fall Megafest

Beck

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We chatted it up at the Pub Fest last night, we can get away with partying at Bridge creek- the cost is seventy bucks and they bring in porta potties for your group, accomodate 70 people- I think we're looking at 50-100 people, who can tell for sure-

If this is suppossed to be a climbing fest, wouldn,t it be better if we had it in close proximity to bouldering/cragging?

Mazamas all great and everything and appreciate the option, the problem with putting this on is going to be a matter of group camping logistics- garbage, toilets, water, suitable already impacted campsites,parking-

I don't know any private landowners that want 100 grimy climber types shitting in the bushes!!

What's the word, let's come up with a site proper by Monday, let's all scope loc, but the emphasis is climbing and up to 100 people.

Beck,

70 bones is not much considering we get honey buckets! I have been back into the site and it is fairly private and away from most of the other sites...and there is lots of climbing and bouldering within walking distance!

Let's get together this weekend and check it out!

yeah, the cost/benefit ratio is priceless when you factor in the honey buckets.

|I've had a lot of experience with the logistics of these types of shindigs and have a pretty good feel of what's required, as we get this ball rolling there's some items we'll need to round up, not having to worry about crappers is a big relief LOL.

DJ, band, drum circle, whatever, I',m going to find out just what we CAN get away with at Bridge Creek, these intermediate climbing instructors from Everett use this site for big raucous gatherings, want to find out HOW raucous.

I think 50-100 people could show up, posting a thread about interest in CascadeClimbers Fall Mega Fest could gauge interest level.

I was picturing putting up a flyer at Feathered Friends, Jim Nelsons, Marmot,

It's not too soon to think about the second annual- think sponsors, gear booty, demos, etc for 2002- whoever is into making this thing GO, jump in on this year's organizing, I certainlly feel the NW needs more of these types of events, don't let Boulder and Ouray get all the fun-

And I'll contact pope and Donna Top-Step. Perhaps for entertainment they can re-enact scenes from their triumphant "Cirque Expedition", including the famous missed-toilet-bag in the tent episode. How about that, pope? And then you and Donna can bitch at each other about your odd Katie Brown/Lynn Hill/Chris Sharma fascination. (I've heard it 100 times and it might actually be funny if you two weren't so serious about it.) We'll need a stage, some lights and a big screen video monitor for the close-ups.

Beck: you're quite the organizer! You other people...listen to Beck, he's on to something! Also, where's the beer next week? Back in Ballard?

ahoy, Dwayner

Gee, now you can all be just like the mountaineers, but without the stigma.

Seriously, isn't it starting to shape up to be the same thing? With just a twist of Seattle techno involved?

Well done everyone, well done. Party on...

Beck,

70 bones is not much considering we get honey buckets! I have been back into the site and it is fairly private and away from most of the other sites...and there is lots of climbing and bouldering within walking distance!

Let's get together this weekend and check it out!

Well it's the truth. This site really has nothing to do with climbing whatsoever. Have fun at your Cascade Garden Party. Send some V1 for me at the gym. Drink some microbrews and tell each other stories.

~SL

Very insightful words from the prophet of postings. I don't think there are many that post as much and have such little to say as you.

Dru, you have a pretty mouth boy.