UW Rock now

chucK

Hey all you like me who could not bust the inertia and head to Index on this beautiful sunny day. Now is the time!! It's gonna be raining for the next 40 days. frown.gif" border="0

I'm fleeing the office now. UW Rock. Be there! I'll give a parking pass to the first CC.comer.

Later. See you there. I'll be the guy with the old-style Huecos and the math geek shirt. grin.gif" border="0

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:
You'll need lots of chalk today!
grin.gif" border="0

actually bone, i think chalk today would hamper your progress.......it would create a nasty think slimy white ooze on your hands....i climb in the rain on occasion and after my own theories and studies i find it a negative factor.....

then again chalk is the true root of sweaty hands in the first place....plus it looks nasty on the rock and is a waste of money....now remember this is all my opinion and if you see me ever using chalk feel free to call me on it......

and where are the results on your survey yo??

• 5 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

(snip)

then again chalk is the true root of sweaty hands in the first place....plus it looks nasty on the rock and is a waste of money

[/QB]

when it's upper 90's-low 100's in desert and sub-desert climbing environments, lot's of water and lot's of chalk tend to be pretty valuable tools of the trade.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, it's time I bring this'un up again. I'll give some notice this time though.

It's beautiful day out today. You should use this opportunity to get ready for your moonlight ascent of Canary.

I will be heading out The Rock around 4:30. I'll be wearing a non-descript UW intramural champion t-shirt if you wanna delurk.

Oh, and bring me a beer. It's my birthday today! [big Drink]

[ 10-16-2002, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: chucK ]