Close Gitmo?

Serenity

No response; too weird.

I"m still waiting for a reason why the criminal justice sytem, with it's proven track record of trying, convicting, and punishing terrorists wherever they are captured, and which requires no eviceration of our basic values, isn't up to the task.

Are you kidding? Clinton already tried what you propose--and this was the result:

wtc-9-11.jpg

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No response; too weird.

I"m still waiting for a reason why the criminal justice sytem, with it's proven track record of trying, convicting, and punishing terrorists wherever they are captured, and which requires no eviceration of our basic values, isn't up to the task.

Are you kidding? Clinton already tried what you propose--and this was the result:

wtc-9-11.jpg

The CLinton administration was actually very successful at arresting, prosecuting, and convicting terrorists, lawfully and Constitutionally, from McVeigh to Yousef. Let's not forget that, against Clintonite recommendations, the Bush administration placed terrorists threats on the bottom of its priorities, and ignored clear warnings about Al Qaeda specifically. And, of course, that 911 happened a year into Bush's watch.

Spin it however Oberman tells you, but 9/11 was a direct result of Clinton and Berger's adoption of the policies you want to return us to. Given your past (pre-Obama) glee-filled laments here about the fate of our "dying American empire", I can't help but think you secretly desire to see more attacks.

No response; too weird.

wtc-9-11.jpg

yes, it does seem strange you'd denigrate the clinton admin for dealing w/ terrorists when they did in fact put several terrorists behind bars/execute them, had al-queda high on the radar, and largely ignored a chickenhawk saddam

Spin it however Oberman tells you, but 9/11 was a direct result of Clinton and Berger's adoption of the policies you want to return us to. Given your past (pre-Obama) glee-filled laments here about the fate of our "dying American empire", I can't help but think you secretly desire to see more attacks.

whaaa? 9/11 was the result of decades of american-escapades in the middle east - it was you conservative boys that first put saddam and osama on the payroll, no? it was you who occupied saudi arabia? you who overthrew a democratic iranian gov in favor of a thug? do you really think there was no connection between those things and 9/11?

yes, it does seem strange you'd denigrate the clinton admin for dealing w/ terrorists when they did in fact put several terrorists behind bars/execute them ...

Who did they execute? The Sudan handed up OBL on a platter and Clinton turned them down. End of story, really.

tim mcveigh? okay, so it 4 months into bush's watch, but he'd been arrested, tried and sentenced under clinton's a.g., yes? he did also try to kill osama.

I've seen Oberman a total of once, so I'm not very familiar with his opinions. Sorry to dissappoint. As for the 'dying American empire' posts, certainly you can dredge up one out of your extensive libtard database to support your assertion, cuz I certainly have no idea what you're refering to....

BTW, it's true that I don't believe that countries should have empires. Unpatriotic, I know, but I gotta be me.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Is that PJ O'Rourke?

he's on bill maher all the time, and funny as phuck - if only we could all be so amiable, despite our differing politics.

kinda hard to read tones on the internut dude, i think we'd all get along fine over some brewskies :brew:

As for the 'dying American empire' posts, certainly you can dredge up one out of your extensive libtard database to support your assertion, cuz I certainly have no idea what you're refering to....

Easy enough. Here are a couple of little gems:

We have an offensive force to project American power around the world to secure our sources of cheap shit. We're not under threat; we ARE the threat.

I took my nephew to see the B.A.s [blue Angels] today. I wanted him to watch the wishful splendor of a fading empire's death throes.

yes, it does seem strange you'd denigrate the clinton admin for dealing w/ terrorists when they did in fact put several terrorists behind bars/execute them ...

Who did they execute? The Sudan handed up OBL on a platter and Clinton turned them down. End of story, really.

tim mcveigh? okay, so it 4 months into bush's watch, but he'd been arrested, tried and sentenced under clinton's a.g., yes? he did also try to kill osama.

Any overseas copies for valid comparison? I've never asserted that US citizens like McVeigh shouldn't have their day in court. This straw man thing usually ain't your style, Ivan. :wazup: Also, that whole cruise missile attack thaaang corresponded nicely with another story that broke that morning, hmmmm?

Edited by Fairweather

As for the 'dying American empire' posts, certainly you can dredge up one out of your extensive libtard database to support your assertion, cuz I certainly have no idea what you're refering to....

Easy enough. Here are a couple of little gems:

We have an offensive force to project American power around the world to secure our sources of cheap shit. We're not under threat; we ARE the threat.

I took my nephew to see the B.A.s [blue Angels] today. I wanted him to watch the wishful splendor of a fading empire's death throes.

your first sample makes no mention of a dying american empire - the second one was not exactly a serious statement, given the subject

i see no strawman beyond the one i'm watching on tv w/ me daughter right now :)

i find it disturbing that you think that 5 billion people in this world should have fewer rights than yourself, especially when the rights in question were established in law millienia ago

i see no strawman beyond the one i'm watching on tv w/ me daughter right now :)

i find it disturbing that you think that 5 billion people in this world should have fewer rights than yourself, especially when the rights in question were established in law millienia ago

When their "rights" conflict with my (our) right to live (ie: they want to kill us as in the picture above) then I become more concerned about enshrined laws that apply here and less about extraneous law as it exists elsewhere.