Burly Woman Needed!

mtnrgr

I'm trying to form a team for the Armed Forces Eco-challenge. The race will be held in Alaska on Aug 10, 2002. Right now we need a women who is or was in the military. If anyone out their knows of a properly inclined women, please send me a PM.

P.S. If any of you disgruntaled ex-military males (caveman, wopper, trask, panther, etc) are intrested too, send me a PM

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two questions:

dave who is the brunette on the armed forces challege with the red jersey on???? find out will ya!

mtnrgr why cannot non military people participate?? are yo guys afraind that a bunch of wussy civilians will kick your arse??? bring on sista cause e dawg wants to play!!!!!

Maurice: the participants do, if your lucky we might weasel some money out of Recuirter command and other sponsers.

Erik: The race is run by the same folks that do the original Eco-Challenge. The Armed Forces have there own because of the historical bad showing by US military teams. I might be wrong, but I think last year was the first AFEC. And from what I was told the competiors out did the course. The military does poorly at these events, because all the real good potential racers (SF, Ranger, SEALs, etc) are busy training for war. All that are left are pog bastards like myself. The only reason I might be able to compete is because I just got transfered to a leg unit.

Brother MTNRGR:

Good luck finding your third but beware of some of those races. I was going to do one that included trail running, sea kayaking and mountain biking PLUS several "special challenges". I decided not to bother as I prefer to do things on my own and the entry fee for the team of 3 was $250. I later watched it on television and the "special challenges" were LAME: embarrassingly LAME. One of them was to get your team mates over a barrier made of a sloping plywood wall covered with plastic and Crisco. Now there's some REAL ADVENTURE! rolleyes.gif" border="0 And there might have been some.....RAPPELING! Wee! Oh my! [laf]

Anyway, check it out. I actually like adventure racing but some of the events are really goofy. If you do it, hit it hard and have a great time. Just beware the greasy plywood!

- Dwayner [big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by Dwayner:
Brother MTNRGR: I later watched it on television and the "special challenges" were LAME: embarrassingly LAME. One of them was to get your team mates over a barrier made of a sloping plywood wall covered with plastic and Crisco. Now there's some REAL ADVENTURE- Dwayner
[big Drink]

Sounds about as contrived as some other outdoor adventures I've seen manufactured along I-90.

My friend Josie did one of those adventure races. I think you had to run across the South island of New Zealand or something. she got 5 hrs of sleep in 6 days or something like that en route to a 2nd place ? finish for her team. not bad for a girl who redpoints 13a on her wedding day.... and climbs crazy mountaineering FAs with crazy Fred Touche... sorry mtnrgr though, she was never in the military.

1372_EastRidge2.jpg

• 1 month later...

quote:

Originally posted by mtnrgr:
I'm trying to form a team for the Armed Forces Eco-challenge. The race will be held in Alaska on Aug 10, 2002. Right now we need a women who is or was in the military. If anyone out their knows of a properly inclined women, please send me a PM.

P.S. If any of you disgruntaled ex-military males (caveman, wopper, trask, panther, etc) are intrested too, send me a PM

I'm ex - military, ex-airborne, and was in the Gulf War.

Currently, I do some rock climbing, weight lifting, and in the summer I mountain bike.

However, I'm no burly woman. I'm rather petite. I'm gearing up for summer sports, so if you think I might fit in your group get back to me.