a letter to the MINIONS

pink

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have been listening to j_b all along!

Although my batting average is excellent, reading the articles out of Business week, the guardian, bloomberg, and from that investigative journalist's website I posted, should be sufficient. But of course, you have nothing of substance to contribute, so per usual, ad-hominem put-downs is all you can do :rolleyes:

Focusing on corporations that use tax havens. Barack Obama made clear during the US election campaign that the Cayman Islands is used by US corporations to avoid tax.

Obama memorably said: "There's a building in the Cayman Islands that houses supposedly 12,000 US-based corporations. That's either the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax scam in the world, and we know which one it is."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/feb/19/gordon-brown-tax-avoidance-switzerland

isn't it interesting that pols everywhere are discovering tax havens?

We should post some climbing pics.

We get to The Far Side early Saturday morning and make it down to the ledge on the route we are calling The Drop Zone. Jim Opdycke took some pictures as Scott Peterson and I grabbed gear and organized.

Bill_and_Scott_on_The_Drop_Zone_ledge_at_The_Far_Side_resized_small.jpg

Scott did the work while I slacked off...I was thinking that a lawn chair would have been more appropriate, but I can stand around and look silly in the cold as much as the next fella, it's even easier as every joint and my head hurts from a massive head cold.

Scott_Drilling_the_anchor_bolts_on_The_Drop_Zone_resized_smaller.jpg

We all decide that we can trust Scotts anchors and rap off.

Scott_rappelling_on_the_new_Drop_Zone_anchor_he_just_installed_resized_small.jpg

We head to the other end of the cliff band to look at a wide crack I'd been lusting after. We decide to do it and as it's the first ascent I get to name it so I go with "Dulcinea". (sexy, seductive, but a wide crack still) I still had the massive head cold I'd had an hour earlier, and was dead tired, but my buds let me have at it ground up. Sometimes it nice to see what kind of reserves you can draw on. Ujahn Belayed, Jim Opdycke and Scott Peterson took a run up as well. Short but fun we all agreed.

Little run out to start. Unless you showed up with a 12" piece which I didn't have.

Dulcina_first_ascent_resized_smaller_3.jpg

Dulcina_first_ascent_resized_smaller_2.jpg

Dulcina_first_ascent_resized_smaller.jpg

The only notable thing: Ujahn was tossing some blocks off when he followed it. You can see a few of the very ones right above my head on the last picture. One of the larger ones got away from him and landed on the rope he thought he'd coiled up off to the side and whacked it. Fortunately it was his old one!

As we're later huddled behind a tarp Jim had set as a windbreak as Scott led Happy Crake (pronounced Crack) in the cold and damp, we thought of our friends the Silverman Brothers and Adam who had wisely bailed on this cold bullshit to go climb in Zion.

Bastards :lmao:

Scott_Peterson_and_Jim_Opdycke_at_Happy_Crake_in_Feburary_resized_small.jpg

Nothing says full value weekend like some 100 yard range time to finish off the next day.

:wave:DPMS_Panther_at_the_range.jpg

To All My Valued Employees,

There have been...

So, if you lose your job, it won't be at the hands of the economy; it will be at the hands of a political hurricane that swept through this country, steamrolled the constitution, and will have changed its landscape forever. If that happens, you can find me sitting on a beach, retired, and with no employees to worry about....

Appears as if the boss is angry. I don't understand. The boss chose to live in the US correct? If he is so pissed off, why does he stay? Better yet, why do we all stay?

isn't it interesting that pols everywhere are discovering tax havens?

What do you mean? It had evidently been a topic at the last G7 meeting.

I thought this was interesting from the article you linked JB:

"Obama memorably said: "There's a building in the Cayman Islands that houses supposedly 12,000 US-based corporations. That's either the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax scam in the world, and we know which one it is."

I have been to "downtown" Grand Caymen. It is very interesting to see the many names of big wall street businesses on the outside of buildings. And yet, I hardly saw anybody coming in or coming out of these two story buildings. The "downtown" area was similar in size to downtown Snohomish.

To All My Valued Employees,

There have been...

So, if you lose your job, it won't be at the hands of the economy; it will be at the hands of a political hurricane that swept through this country, steamrolled the constitution, and will have changed its landscape forever. If that happens, you can find me sitting on a beach, retired, and with no employees to worry about....

Appears as if the boss is angry. I don't understand. The boss chose to live in the US correct? If he is so pissed off, why does he stay? Better yet, why do we all stay?

I think that is why he said he was leaving actually.