WTF! Can my company do this?

E-rock

Let me re-state the question. What does your driving record have to do with workers comp? Especially if driving is not a part of your job.

I manage workers compensation claims. So to answer your question Erock. It depends on the jurisdiction you are referring too. Meaning the state which you are in. OR jurisdiction has a “going and coming law” indicating coverage for workers compensation is mostly covered. WA does not have this law. What does it have to do with your overall driving record? I have no idea.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's likely a correlation that folks with worse driving records have more workers comp claims, both from increase in incidence and severity in injuries from past injuries, and from risky behavior. Knowing the driving records for a set of people in aggregate could be used for a more accurate prediction of workers comp.

FYI

HR and management got a backlash of pissed-off emails from grown men and women holding post-graduate degrees and decided to "review" the need for this action. In the mean time we've been ordered NOT to send our information to HR.

Awesome dude! Way to kick the man in the sac!

Now worries on the driving record now go pee in this cup while this dude over here watches the urine travel from the head of your penis directly into the cup....

There's likely a correlation that folks with worse driving records have more workers comp claims, both from increase in incidence and severity in injuries from past injuries, and from risky behavior. Knowing the driving records for a set of people in aggregate could be used for a more accurate prediction of workers comp.

That correlation seems unlikely. Lots of risk averse people get caught for minor speeding violations all the time.

Workman's comp claims are more likely to be correlated with blue collar verses white collar than whether or not you get caught for speeding.

Hell ya, big CORPORATE bureaucracy is much better. You know, because corporations are held accountable by the MARKET, not the people. Like Bernie Madoff. Held accountable by the market.

Damn straight. We should stop paying for bodyguards for the fucker (and not let him use the funds he stole) so the Russians who lost billions to him can effect "market accountability"