Obama: Family Man

Fairweather

A brother living in a hut in abject poverty in Kenya, and now an aunt living illegally here in the USA for years in a government subsidized housing project. Just great.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11/01/barack-obamas-kenyan-aunt-living-illegally-boston/

Even the hard-left MSNBC is reporting this time:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27481680/

Edited by Fairweather

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A brother living in a hut in abject poverty in Kenya, and now an aunt living illegally here in the USA for years in a government subsidized housing project. Just great.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11/01/barack-obamas-kenyan-aunt-living-illegally-boston/

let's see about your family status. i think i ought to call CIS on you and your family, let's check out the facts. lets also call IRS and check your accuracy of tax returns family man. let's see if anybody in your family has criminal record, if they have DWI or DUI? and then (since you advocate it), let's blame you for their actions. your logic is air tight.

you are just like your candidate. a monkey in the cage. nothing left, but blindly toss feces around.

if you think this is the news changing the outcome of the election your chances are pretty slim.

now how about no tax cheat ?

or how about this: troopergate - of course she was found guilty.

let's not forget Keating five , how is that for a maverick?

how is the date with a pig looking?

In my immediate family, I can count a crack addict, as well as a BC Court of Appeals judge, along with the usual assortment of teachers and nurses and corporate personnel directors, and I think even one budding rock star. In my extended family there are all manner of people, many of whom I've never met, ranging from doctors and lawyers and clergymen to WalMart shelf-stockers and unemployed layabouts. Many of them, I'm sure, are fine upstanding members of their communities. Some of them, no doubt, have skeletons in their closets. Hell, some of them may have fresh bodies in their closets for all I know.

What, exactly, does any of that say about me?

let's see about your family status. i think i ought to call CIS on you and your family, let's check out the facts. lets also call IRS and check your accuracy of tax returns family man. let's see if anybody in your family has criminal record, if they have DWI or DUI? and then (since you advocate it), let's blame you for their actions. your logic is air tight.

I'm not running for president. Obama is. Asshat.

I don't believe these 'distant' relatives have much bearing on who Barack is. Basically, it's meaningless unless you subscribe to a sort of 'blood' guilt or a family sin that affects its members by some method of transmission from the initiator to the associated. Shameful perhaps to some minds but it seems rather antiquated and promotes the idea of collective guilt.

Rather, I'd look more at what Barack has assimilated to produce the political creature that he is.

To those seeing and hearing him, [the Prince] should appear a man of compassion, a man of good faith, a man of integrity, a kind and a religious man. And there is nothing so important as to seem to have this last quality. Men in general judge by their eyes rather than their hands…Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are…The common people are always impressed by appearances and results.

— Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince, chapter X

I'd also be interested to see if Barack has integrated into his worldview the ideas of Leo Strauss, one of whose principle ideas is the need for secrecy, or the idea that the elite know the real reasons for the movement of things while the masses who being considered incapable of understanding are led by deception.

I suppose in one respect, Obama may be considered to have been abandoned by his Kenyan father. Sure, his Kenyan relatives are part of his genetic heritage but not really part of his upbringing unless you consider the unconscious pull of his father's identity on the young Barack.

In my humble understanding, the immigrant issue is much more complex to do it justice in one post or so.

Quick solutions do appear to be the norm at election time and especially during crisis.

Democrats have made sheltering and hiring of illegals a big issue in the past regarding cabinet appointees. Remember the "housekeeper" issue a few years back?

I guess Fairweather is still dressed as Sarah Palin from last night's Halloween party.

kerik2_bush_071108_ms.jpg

Above: Democrat George W. Bush trying to hire Democrat Bernard Kerik as U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security

Yeah, McCain is a real family man, too. Repeated affairs with his first wife, then ditching her for a richer woman with political connections -- real classy.

:rolleyes:

I don't blame you, though. Your candidate is obviously losing on the issues, so what else do you have? Might as well grab that long-handled ladle, and dig deep! There's still plenty of time left for some poo flinging -- anything to distract voters from real issues, right?