The real October Surpise...

Peter_Puget

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

linky

Yet again the politics of change is revealed to be the politics of the past........

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

linky

Yet again the politics of change is revealed to be the politics of the past........

And why exactly would this be a "suprise"?

I could see this happening for sure after what 8 years of Repugnican "leadership?" have done to US and to the rest of the world. Such a spectacular success in diplomacy and international relations. :lmao: Id certainly rather Obama was in there to deal with it than another big spending cowboy repub who can only react as opposed to proact.

So, just so I get this right...

Christian monotheism means one true god, only he's really two beings and one spirit rolled into one (don't ask, it's a mystery), with an unlimited number of goody-two-shoe angels on one side and naughty little demons on the other.

It takes a village, I guess.

Number of spirits in my belief system: zero.

So much simpler.

Christian monotheism means one true god, only he's really two beings and one spirit rolled into one (don't ask, it's a mystery), with an unlimited number of goody-two-shoe angels on one side and naughty little demons on the other.

Number of spirits in my belief system: zero.

So much simpler.

You are talking to yourself again.

Did you miss me?

I didn't think about you once.

Not even when I visited your nemesis, the Vatican.

But don't take that personally.

One thing I noticed about all the old buildings I visited, they would be great climbing.

Which would be a much better use than housing the riches they have gathered in the name of God.

Next time, I am taking my shoes.

Now that is the spirit.

dude, that's the gospel according to Jack T. Chick :tup:

I didn't even realize you were gone.

Wow. That is cruel.

I don' give no shit 'bout no Vatican 'n shit.

Well OK. But why do you keep going back to complaints that characterize Catholics but have little or nothing to do with Protestants?

That is revealing you know?

Hope you had a good honeymoon. Italy. Romantic.

Yeah we did. We also visited Istanbul and visited the Blue Mosque and San Sophia. The Grand Bazzaar was cool too.

San Sophia was my favorite. Built in A.D. 532 to 537 (that is pre-catholic). Huge and well polished. Incredible archtectural feat.

Except the Vatican.

Yeah we couldn't find anyplace to have sex. Too crowded.

But the art collection is incredible.

So why would we want to vote for him if the "World is going to test us" at our expense? Seems to me voting in a guy who will attract violence would be a bad thing. Perhaps Joe would like to rethink that speech a little

funny, you don't seem like a "run and hide" kind of guy