Obama Personality Cult

Fairweather

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, so Obama is a) Muslim; b) An Arab; c) A Cult of Personality.

So, this thing has gotten so far out of hand that all that is left is to put together semi-entertaining videos that perpetuate a stereotype about charismatic people?

How about coming up with a good plan to get the fucking country out of debt? Although a bit more complicated than editing video montages, I'm sure someone right of center can do it, can't they? Ya sure, ya betcha, ;-)

No, better to give all the money to people making over 250 grand a year and let them trickle it down.

Give it to them? How about Obama just not take it in the first place?

How about nobody take it. lets just abolish all taxation. that ought to work out real swell, don't you think? is that what you are saying?

52/42 Gallup today. Ouch.

Plus, Obama took in $150 million in Sep to John's, let's see, I'm digging into my spare change pocket...$66 million. That translates to a proportionately largely number of canvassers on the ground, even in red states; critical to a high voter turnout, in addition to a nuclear ad blitz.

A textbook case in the use of overwhelming force to achieve a clear objective against an inferior foe. Colin Powell would be...oh wait, is, proud.

It's nice to see the party of shitty tricks get it's ass handed to it by a good ole fashion, well run campaign.

Bye bye, fuckers.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I agree with the sentiment, Tvash (we can't get rid of those crooks fast enough), but this weekend I was talking with a climbing buddy who said he didn't think either candidate would deliver on their promises so he was just going to vote for McCain because he was somehow more impressed with a vague notion that McCain was more "honest" than Obama. I couldn't think of much that McCain had been particularly honest about, but I had to agree with him that in reality there is a big lumbering machine that we call "the system" and much of what either or them are likely to try to do will succumb to momentum.

I'm wondering: if the Dems end up with the presidency and the predicted gains in Congress, how much is really going to change? Here are a few guesses I'd make:

War:

Will they do anything fundamentally different in Iraq and Afganistan than the current Administration in the short term? Probably not, I'd say, but the President will talk about it differently and we might see quicker withdrawal in Iraq while I suspect the effort in Afghanistan is going to continue and to go badly with either President elected.

Overall Military:

I doubt there will be a big difference in our maintaining military bases all over the world and spending whatever obscene percentage of our gross national product is spent on all of this. Veterans are still likely to get more rhetorical support than real support.

Diplomacy:

Here's where I would expect a greater change. Obama is going to have to prove himself, and I don't think he'll paint a peace sign on the front door of the White House, but I'd expect a lot friendlier posture in the U.N., more cooperation with our allies, and less unilateralism.

Taxes:

Great sounding rhetoric from Obama on the campaign trail, but how much is going to be put in place? I'd expect more incremental change than the big differences talked about on the campaign trail.

Healthcare:

Here I'd hope that Obama and the Democrats can really do something. Obama's plan is not perfect but something like that could well come to pass.

Guns:

Are they really going to take away Fairweather's Bushmaster "hunting" rifle? I doubt it. I'd expect marginal changes here.

Environment:

Despite McCain's proclamations that he is pro-environment I'm guessing Obama's Environmental Protection Agency, or his programs for alternative energy development, and maybe even his operation of public lands will be more to my liking.

Education:

I haven't hear much talk about this. I know Obama has said he supports Charter Schools but not vouchers, but what may be their respective overal emphasis on funding and support for public education? Is there a big difference?

Election Reform:

Let's hope Obama and the Democrats can impose some serious quality controls on Diebold/Premier or even drive more states toward the optical scanners that seem to be the best bet. Will they be able to or will they even be inclined to make the whole vote counting process something we have greater confidence in? I'm skeptical.

Overall Integrity:

I have a hard time imagining Obama to surround himself by the number of crooks and lobbyists that McCain would, but that's just me. Having said that, however, I bet we'll see lots of scandals involving White House staffers and Democratic members of Congress if the Dem's are in power for eight years.

As part of the cult of Obama, how could I forget the big difference:

Supreme Court:

I bet Obama isn't going to appoint any extreme liberals, but his picks are going to be WAY better than McCain. This is likely to be a very big deal. If McCain somehow pulls a rabbit out of his hat I think we will have a very unbalanced and conservative court for years to come.

I agree with the sentiment, Tvash (we can't get rid of those crooks fast enough), but this weekend I was talking with a climbing buddy who said he didn't think either candidate would deliver on their promises so he was just going to vote for McCain because he was somehow more impressed with a vague notion that McCain was more "honest" than Obama. I couldn't think of much that McCain had been particularly honest about, but I had to agree with him that in reality there is a big lumbering machine that we call "the system" and much of what either or them are likely to try to do will succumb to momentum.

I'm wondering: if the Dems end up with the presidency and the predicted gains in Congress, how much is really going to change? Here are a few guesses I'd make:

War:

Will they do anything fundamentally different in Iraq and Afganistan than the current Administration in the short term? Probably not, I'd say, but the President will talk about it differently and we might see quicker withdrawal in Iraq while I suspect the effort in Afghanistan is going to continue and to go badly with either President elected.

Overall Military:

I doubt there will be a big difference in our maintaining military bases all over the world and spending whatever obscene percentage of our gross national product is spent on all of this. Veterans are still likely to get more rhetorical support than real support.

Diplomacy:

Here's where I would expect a greater change. Obama is going to have to prove himself, and I don't think he'll paint a peace sign on the front door of the White House, but I'd expect a lot friendlier posture in the U.N., more cooperation with our allies, and less unilateralism.

Taxes:

Great sounding rhetoric from Obama on the campaign trail, but how much is going to be put in place? I'd expect more incremental change than the big differences talked about on the campaign trail.

Healthcare:

Here I'd hope that Obama and the Democrats can really do something. Obama's plan is not perfect but something like that could well come to pass.

Guns:

Are they really going to take away Fairweather's Bushmaster "hunting" rifle? I doubt it. I'd expect marginal changes here.

Environment:

Despite McCain's proclamations that he is pro-environment I'm guessing Obama's Environmental Protection Agency, or his programs for alternative energy development, and maybe even his operation of public lands will be more to my liking.

Education:

I haven't hear much talk about this. I know Obama has said he supports Charter Schools but not vouchers, but what may be their respective overal emphasis on funding and support for public education? Is there a big difference?

Election Reform:

Let's hope Obama and the Democrats can impose some serious quality controls on Diebold/Premier or even drive more states toward the optical scanners that seem to be the best bet. Will they be able to or will they even be inclined to make the whole vote counting process something we have greater confidence in? I'm skeptical.

Overall Integrity:

I have a hard time imagining Obama to surround himself by the number of crooks and lobbyists that McCain would, but that's just me. Having said that, however, I bet we'll see lots of scandals involving White House staffers and Democratic members of Congress if the Dem's are in power for eight years.

I think we're going to see a HUGE change in this country, and here's why:

It's already been happening for several years now. The public's desire for sustainable energy independence, to combat global warming, for affordable countrywide health care, and to end our foreign adventures, non-issues six years ago, are at the top of everyone's list. Furthermore, the Evangelical agena is rapidly fading from view. In short, America is ALREADY re-prioritzing to face its real rather than imagined (per the GOP) problems.

The White House hasn't figured this out, of course. McCain pays lip service to this sea change, but his programs are still 100% Bush league. Obama's the only candidate who recognizes what's going on across the country.

And that makes all the difference.

No, Obama won't be able to deliver on all his promises, but, in his recognition of this change in values and priorities already happening around the country, he stand a much greater chance of having some success as his rival, who doesn't seem to be able to communicate with moderates, nevermind liberals.

My take:

Iraq: Surged worked? Everything cool (GOP line). Great! Let's pull out. When forced, Iraq's govt. will have to take up the slack. They never will until we leave.

Afghanistan: More focus could bring some success here. Right now there's no focus.

The rest of the World: Loves Obama. We need their help (after all, they completely fund us now), so there's lots of opportunity here.

Taxes: MUCH needed reform gonna happen here. No, I don't believe the Middle Class will get a real tax cut, but under Obama the upper class will pay more, as they absolutely should. Has our great society made you successful? Good. Now our great society needs to you pay some back, fuckers.

Health Care: DEFINITELY a higher chance of coverage for more Americans under Obama. McCain's is just another pander to the HMO/insurance crowd under the guise of 'choice'. Americans who have insurance already have more choices than they need...Americans who don't have no choices.

Guns: Fetish issue. Who gives a shit? Not really a part of Obama's agenda, anyway.

Energy: More sustainable technologies will come on line sooner under Obama, but the rate and success of those remains to be seen. McCain's just going to drill more to increase our supply from 3% to, say 3.1% of our national usage, which will do fuck all, of course.

Integrity: No contest. Ayers? Come fucking on. How about Keating? How about cheating on his wife with everything from Brazilian whores to his current wife Cindy? How about one of the most racist, lying campaigns in history? How about an entire reputation, including his war hero status, built on fabrication? How about one of the most cynical, electorially motivated VP choices ever? Given the integrity of McCain's campaign staff, I seriously doubt that his cabinet would but cut from better cloth. Not only would McCain's picks be worse, but consider who'd be willing to work in an Obama administration versus one led by McCain? Ouch.

Education: Not my thing, don't know shit about it.

Environmental: Over the past several decades: Democrats preserve the Environment, Republicans rape it. Pretty simple. Nuff said.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

As part of the cult of Obama, how could I forget the big difference:

Supreme Court:

I bet Obama isn't going to appoint any extreme liberals, but his picks are going to be WAY better than McCain. This is likely to be a very big deal. If McCain somehow pulls a rabbit out of his hat I think we will have a very unbalanced and conservative court for years to come.

I think Obama will (if elected) appoint extreme leftists to the court--especially if he gets 60 votes in the senate as some have predicted. The thing is, however, that the next two justices slated for retirement are left-of-center already (Stevens and Ginsberg--and maybe Bryer), so these appointments would all be status quo. McCain would likely show restraint in his appointments as demonstrated by his refusal to change senate rules during the last confirmation debate. He did, in fact, stand up to his party in that case.

They're ALL left of center, it just depends where the center is. But I agree. Obama will undoubtedly do the EXTREME RADICAL MUSLIM thing that he does. McCain would undoubtedly do the noble, right, and mavericky thing, as he does. And Colonel Sanders will continue making delicious fried chicken, as he does.

Plus, Obama took in $150 million in Sep to John's, let's see, I'm digging into my spare change pocket...$66 million. That translates to a proportionately largely number of canvassers on the ground, even in red states; critical to a high voter turnout, in addition to a nuclear ad blitz.

You are aware of the reason that John's campaign fund is the size it is aren't you? If you are not, you really are the pseudo-intellectual farce I always thought you were. Both candidates made a commitment (as did the last few decades of presidential candidates) to use only public funds. Seems only one was honorable enough to keep his word...

They're ALL left of center, it just depends where the center is. But I agree. Obama will undoubtedly do the EXTREME RADICAL MUDSLING thing that he does. McCain would undoubtedly do the noble, right, and mavericky thing, as he does. And Colonel Sanders will continue making delicious fried chicken, as he does.

fw and porter, who the fuck knew?

porter is sinking lower and lower.

a very sad sight.

They're ALL left of center, it just depends where the center is. But I agree. Obama will undoubtedly do the EXTREME RADICAL MUDSLING thing that he does. McCain would undoubtedly do the noble, right, and mavericky thing, as he does. And Colonel Sanders will continue making delicious fried chicken, as he does.

fw and porter, who the fuck knew?

porter is sinking lower and lower.

a very sad sight.

It was Palin that did it for me. I just want her in for the comedic material.

You are aware of the reason that John's campaign fund is the size it is aren't you? If you are not, you really are the pseudo-intellectual farce I always thought you were. Both candidates made a commitment (as did the last few decades of presidential candidates) to use only public funds. Seems only one was honorable enough to keep his word...

Ummm... John was forced to take public funds because there was no way he was going to get more than the cutoff amount of donations.

Obama is so popular that he easily made more than the cutoff.

Obama is turning down tax money, which you deceivingly call "public funds", and going on individual donations.

You guys want government out of things until it runs against your candidate then the whining begins.

And the majority of Obama's donations are individuals under $100, not pacs or corps like McCain.

And Obama never specifically said he would definitely take the public tax funds.

Obama is kicking McCain ASS and getting more donations because he's more popular. SUCK ON IT REPUGS.