Cytomax

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

You know what's better than Cytomax?

Frozen concentrated orange juice. I buy it by the caseload when the cost goes to $.60 a can and keep in the freezer. One disadvantage.......can't really carry a can for the next day. But for one day outings, I highly recommend frozen concentrate orange juice. And if you use a bladder, buy the non-pulp stuff as it could get caught in the hose.

A bit acidic, carbo concentration of 12% is a bit high to facilitate good gastric emptying, low in sodium. Might be better if you over diluted it and added some salt.

Goes off if it gets warm, a friend of mine discovered this the hard way on the second day up a route.

I love cytomax == I drink it before and after endurance events. Anything under two hours of heavy endurance and it is not worth it but it makes me feel good and I sweat like a stuck pig . I get a bit of a stomach ache if I mix too strong so it is important to find the dilution factor tha works for you. Electrolyte replacement is of supreme importance to me. In the winter I"m a Buddhist and in the summer I"m a nudist

Wondering if anyone ever had a wierd chemical reaction with cytomax like I did this summer.

I was loading up my dromedary bag with glacier water and regular amounts of cytomax. The grains of cytomax didn't dissolve but absorbed water and became little mushy balls about the size of a grain of rice. The entire dromedary was full of these granules and tasted real bland. (had to try of course which probably wasn't a smart thing to do) I have used aquamira in this bladder many times before but the bladder was rinsed out before.

Could chlorine dioxide (or the phosphoric acid) be leaching out of the dromedary?

Could residual chlorine dioxide (or the phosphoric acid) be reacting with cytomax to prevent it from dissolving?

Maybe the water was too cold for dissolving?

confused.gif