Core strength?

freak

any good exercises for your core, abs, and the muscles that hold your feet on the steep walls? You know when its steep and you have bad footholds and you have to press or toe into little divots and they are really far away. anyways I want to get better at that.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My roommate does yoga and likes it, well he like the girls there.

A brutal ab routine is to do write the alphabet with your legs while laying on your back. You can also hang from a pullup bar and do different types of leg raises.

Or you could get one of those ab stimulator electorode deals you see on TV and plug the shit into 240V socket and go nutz.

get hangboard

hang by hands

tuck up into bat position hook toes on big jugs

let go with hands hang upside down

do a few upside down situps till your toes slip off

land on your head on the mat

repeat

*This exercise first demonstrated to me by Andy Cairns. If you get hurt blame him.

Jon - You are a God. (I am in no way sucking up to Jon just so he will give me the the Ropegun2002 name)

Checkout Goanimal.com and take up Frank on one of his exercise routines. Talk about ass kicking routines. This guy KNOWS core strength and has even thrown the lengendary Tony Yaniro for a loop.

quote:

Originally posted by Ropegun2001:
This guy KNOWS core strength and has even thrown the lengendary Tony Yaniro for a loop.

I matched Tony Yaniro drink for drink at the Mountain Room Broiler [big Drink] Is that a good stomach exercise.

I used to be called the worlds fattest decent climber...that was back when I was a decent climber [laf]

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Terminal Gravity ]

slothrop...

i talked to the guy who set that little foot course up. your use for it sounds good, but i think he intended it (for the junior team) as a leg lift thing, not a foot traverse. i.e. hang from the arms, lift left leg to one, lower, lift right leg to two, so on, and switch legs when you get back to six. whatever though-- something to try, if you want to change it up a bit... i haven't gotten a chance to try it myself, but those leg lifters are a killer...

m

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Marcus Engley ]

i did something at stone gardens that seems like a good core strength builder... they have six tiny footholds mounted on the wall in two rows of three behind the pullup bar, about 4 feet up the wall. i hung on the bar, arms straight, and did laps on the footholds with alternating feet until i fell off. it worked my back and stomach and hips pretty well, and you're hanging from your arms the whole time, too.