McCain's try at weaseling out of the debate

tvashtarkatena

I love Obama's response (paraphrased).

The ability to multitask during times of crisis is a requirement for a good president. Plus, the election, and thus the debate, is just as important for America's future as the current crisis.

I.e., You got a date with da Obama on Friday, suckah!

Face it, McCain's just trying to buy time for his PR folks to spin this, given his less than stellar record on financial regulation and, um, less than above board 'relationships' with certain companies and individuals.

OBAMA.IN.A.LANDSLIDE.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like he's putting his country ahead of politics. Frankly, I think he should go ahead and put Palin up against Obama this Friday. It's certainly a more equitable match up from an experience standpoint.

Meeting with Lady de Rothschild followed by a Katie Couric interview and a leisurely flight to DC tomorrow morning?

The McCain of 2000 would punch the McCain of 2008 in the face.

actually, i think obama's best response would be:

"okay, you're right - we two senators need to be at work. so how about we just have our vp's go this friday? they're both ready to lead at a moment's notice, right? so i assume they're both ready to debate now too, eh?"

i'd like to see mccain's crew's response to that one

No, he's not. He's weaseling out.

He's one of 100 senators who can work to fix the economy. His presence in DC will not make much of a difference in the outcome. In contrast, he's one of only two presidential candidates that the American public must see debate as part of a sound voting decision. Suspending his campaign? Um...that's not his call.

In any case, his campaign will go on, whether he's present or not, and if not, it will go on to his detriment...just like any match where there's a no-show.

McCain is proving that when the shit hits the fan, he just doesn't have what it takes to keep all the balls in the air.

actually, i think obama's best response would be:

"okay, you're right - we two senators need to be at work. so how about we just have our vp's go this friday? they're both ready to lead at a moment's notice, right? so i assume they're both ready to debate now too, eh?"

i'd like to see mccain's crew's response to that one

Obama's actual response was to call McCain and ask for the two to release a joint statement on the financial crisis. A real stand up manuever. McCain then released a non-joint statement suggesting that the debate be delayed and that he was suspending his campaign; a real shitbag manuever.

I suspect that McCain's campaign is imploding, and he's just looking for some time to catch his breath in the ropes. Well, real presidents don't get that luxury in times of crisis, so let's see whatcha got, John. You used to be able to take it, but your don't seem to be that guy anymore.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I'll give TTK credit--he's the only lib here willing to admit his party affiliation. How 'bout you just fess up and say it, P: You partake of Donkey teabagging in private.

I'M NOT HIDING ANYTHING REPUBLIJIZZGUZZLER. SEE ABOVE.

EDIT: I apologize for misspelling "REPUBLIJIZZGUZZLER"

Edited by porter