Voter Confidence

olyclimber

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well it won't be the first time someone has quit the board in a huff. and it won't be the last. best of luck to you!

i certainly like having as many voices and opinions here as possible, but you can't make everyone happy. we have never tried to enforce good taste here in spray, and if we did it would not be spray.

at anyrate, i'm just curious what has actually been done to address voting irregularities that has been brought up in the past couple of elections, if anything. and if nothing has been done, why?

As far as I can tell, nothing much has been done. Do the voting machines now issue receipts? Are there plans to provide enough of them in the districts where there were long lines in the prior elections? Are we going to allow international poll observers? Will obvious attempts to disenfranchise certain blocks of voters through selective or targeted types of enforcement for "voter fraud" be curbed?

Republicans and strident cc.com posters have scoffed at the notion that there were any serious problems with the way elections were run in Ohio in 2004 or Florida in 2000 and it seems the Democrats have more or less backed off after having been intimidated by cries that they were just poor losers.

I haven't really heard much follow up on how we might actually address any of the issues reported. Have there been improvements made that just have not been widely publicized?