Stehekin approach to the Gunsight Range?

Sol

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were to do it again I would hike the trail and camp by Agnes Creek on Day 1. Day 2 I would haul up to the nice campsites by the Blue Glacier. Would make for two relatively short days but then you would be fully rested on Day 3.

Matt and I (sandbagged by Blakes somewhat disingenuous desciption of the effort involved) tried to do it all in one day. We almost made it all the way (hiked until 10 pm) and probably would have if we hadn't been slowed by the 300+ logs we had to crawl under and over. However we were wasted enough on Day 2 that we accomplished very little.

Blake has a very detailed description of where to leave the PCT that I have not seen around here. Hassle him.

Matt and I (sandbagged by Blakes somewhat disingenuous desciption of the effort involved) tried to do it all in one day. We almost made it all the way (hiked until 10 pm) and probably would have if we hadn't been slowed by the 300+ logs we had to crawl under and over.

Darin, it's not my fault that you and Matt are old and slow. Dan and I went from the creek to blue glacier camp in 5 hours. I think it took John and I a similar time. Just cause you are twice as old, doesn't mean it should take twice as long! There was seriously no attempt to sandbag, sorry if it ended up that way. :-)

In July, I think there would be lots of time to climb Sol's East Face route on the day you get to camp. (We did the E face of the South Peak). Given the shorter days of September, it would be a lot more difficult. Climb the Cannonhole route on the day you get there. The way John and I started is via a really fun diehedral and face climbing pitch.

Sol, I'll give you the beta this weekend. Also, just check your email.

darin and blake cage fight :battlecage:

who do you have your money on?

blake won't let me post his super good beta...

and speaking of old and slow, ill be 30 in 2 weeks, and ill proabaly be leaving chunks of my meniscus all over the trail on the way in.