patience

passport

Approach Notes:

10.5 from PDX

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! And right after this you jumped on Young Warriors and nothing less in the rain? Had a partner who had never climbed multipitch/trad before otherwise would have joined the party up there. Ended up doing the SE corner. Good seeing ya.

I got rained off the S ridge in an attempt a long time ago. Good to see the campsite isn't trashed yet. But the best news is I now know how to do the move from underneth the roof near the top! The roof looks much more intimidating from the bottom. Thanks John!

The rest of Mulvey Basin is just about close to climbing heaven. Did you have time to check out the other nearby peaks?

Did you have time to check out the other nearby peaks?

No... we had aspirations to link this with Asgard but the two teams of two in front of us were enjoying a much more leisurely pace. We considering passing but decided against it... it turned out to be the right choice as the one of them pitched off that same roof and grounded out on the mini ledge below... nothing broken but I bet he is currently very sore. Brock and I had to guide them the rest of the way up the route.

Beautiful area.

wow - very cool looking peak, kinda slesse-ish - how long/hard is the route?

and just flipping ya shit at beacon, esse - i was mostly amazed i could verify yer visage at such a distance - you pull so hard these days though i wanna take you w/ me so you can show me how to do these classics proper! go do ground zero dammit!

South ridge: 5.8 III

Topo I have says 10 pitches (of those 2 are 3rd/4th @ the top) but depending on your rope length you can link pitches (and/or simul). Grade III is a good description...

My two cents: start early (in the dark) to ensure being first on the route (people often camp near the base so just because you are first out of the lot doesnt mean you will be first on the route) or risk being stuck behind slow parties...

One might consider doing it one day and Yak the other day for a mini CAN vacation!