• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Jens

cc gear swap at marymoor or UW?

What part of Marymoor? Say the parking lot by the climbing rock or at the climbing rock?

Eastsides first pubclub in a while, maybe there will be a drink-off too (my bets on the Caveman). Sounds more like a rope up!

TTT [big Drink][Wazzup][big Drink][big Drink][geek][rockband][MR T][sNAFFLEHOUND]

Marrymoor rock wall or rock wall p-lot

mark yourself as a "gear swapper" by furtively walking up to everyone there and saying...

" yo, got any gear? You know, gear? Capt Caveman sent me."

unless, of course, you are talking to Ray in the flesh (you will recognize him as he will be the completely sober dude sitting next to a passed out AlpineK), in which case...

" ..You know, gear? Fred Beckey sent me."

This is RURP:

"A lot of us climbers have tons of gear and not a lot of extra cash."

Maybe it is because you spend it on a lot gear you do not need and then want to swap it! Most climbers I know are ably employed.

"we could lay shit out on tarps"

yah...we will all come to see that! [Roll Eyes]

RURP has spoken

Ah, another appearance by humorless RURP. Perhaps you're just jealous that nearly every piece of gear is larger than you, and you're trying to compensate for something.

I'm in. Tuesday the 10th, 6:00 PM, Marymoor climbing wall parking lot vicinity type area right?

(--Climb on,,,

Rodeo

Hey uhh, that action suit, it comes with A/C right?

This is RURP:

DON'T FORGET TO BRING THE TARPS "TO LAY SHIT OUT ON"!!! [Roll Eyes]

- Rurp has spoken.

I'll be there (unless it is pouring down rain).

Tuesday the 10th. I'll probably be there from about 4:30pm on.

I'll be bouldering and carry my crap over to the Marymoor rock.

Look for the tattered fish haulbag.

I'm looking to do some trading and selling, but I don't have much money to buy stuff.

Looking for:

*An old thrashed down jacket or sweater. ( My expedition one is way to huge and warm.)

*Used rambocomps, grade 8's or m10s or DMM's, etc.

*Used holds

*Old thrashed rigid friends.

*Videos or books? Old back issues of summit, rockandice, or climbing?

*Gloves

*Any kind of stetchable pant for mountaineering (nylon or smartwool or whatever)

I'll bring a typed list of stuff I'm tring to get rid of so I don't bug RURP by dumping everyting on a tarp.

Yeah, after a day of work, I plan to boulder in between transactions.

Oh and my list was stuff that I'm looking for.

I'd do some climbing while I'm out there, sure. I've got an old pair of tele boots (Merrell Supercomps) that I'd like to trade away...

Sorry fellas. I must catch a flight tomorrow to attend a funeral. Maybe next time. If anyone doesn't get rid of any old style (rigid) friends or strap on style crampons, hit me up later. I might just buy them from you.

(--Climb on,,,

Rodeo

This is RURP:

This guy here looks dumb as a post. Maybe he will go to Marymoor and "shit on your tarp".

-

RURP has spoken.

quote:

Originally posted by Jens:

......Looking for:

*An old thrashed down jacket or sweater. ( My expedition one is way to huge and warm.)...

Jens:

If you don't have anything against new stuff in good condition, check out the primaloft sweater here for $46.

*after repeated attempts to post the link I accept that I am computard. [geek] Just go to Sierratradingpost.com and look for the Sierra Designs Reactor Jacket.

[ 09-10-2002, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Bronco ]

Holy KLUSTERFUKS Batman, Marymoor Park is soccer mom HELL!

I took a turn around the parking lot and sped away in disgust! What a freakin' circus.......

this was a pretty disappointing turnout.

Alex and Jens and one other person (with dave burdick honorable mention) were the only (losers?) who actually brought gear to swap. TTT was there, along with random climbers, but few cc.com faces...

We had a thin turnout at Pub Club Seattle this week too. Many of the usual suspects were in attendance. As usual 009 did some amusing and moderately outrageous things for our entertainment.

Alex, you've got to come to one of these Seattle ones. We MUST discuss sailboat racing over beers. I beleive the term I am looking for is 'bench racing', that's what the motorcycle guys call it anyway.

I was all set to go, but then I had to do some handholding for my sole paying customer. Ah, well. We should have a fall rope-up kinda thing, though.