atlanta and dallas

minx

i'm getting hammered with a bunch of shitty business trips this summer fall. i really don't need to go to atlanta in august or dallas for tht matter. places i just really don't feel the need to visit at all. i always like it when i can snag some free travel to some place interesting when i travel for work. but this sucks. anyone know anything worth my time in either place?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm getting hammered with a bunch of shitty business trips this summer fall. i really don't need to go to atlanta in august or dallas for tht matter. places i just really don't feel the need to visit at all. i always like it when i can snag some free travel to some place interesting when i travel for work. but this sucks. anyone know anything worth my time in either place?

Suck it up and go see some live music when you are there.

Suck it up and go see some live music when you are there.

Faq Yeh. CCR4! :rawk::lmao:

I spent time in Dallas last July during a conference. Depending on where you're staying (I was at the Hyatt Regency), there's a light rail system that made it easy to get around. You can also take hummer limos and pay like a taxi. They'll be on call for you all night, too. That was fun to do one night when we were drinking and dancing.

Some things to do around where I stayed:

West End - This area has a lot of restaurants and has more of a trendy vibe to it than other parts of the downtown area.

The Book Depository tour and grassy knoll visit - Definitely worth a visit though you may find yourself crossing over to the conspiracy theorists corner after standing at the window.

Neiman Marcus - you can pay a visit to the original NM in downtown Dallas if shopping is your thing. Great shoes but expensive. Saw a gorgeous pair of green sling backs on a sale rack and fell instantly in love with them. Unfortunately, the sale price was $548 so they didn't get to come home with me. I'm not into makeup, but the people who work in the cosmetic section are a total kick and give great freebies.

Reunion Tower - they have a restaurant up there that rotates while you eat, but you may just be able to go up there for the view. You can really see just how flat everything is down there. Quite a contract to the PNW.

Southfork Ranch - one of the people at the conference toured the place where they filmed the old TV show Dallas. She enjoyed it.

We were just in Texas last month. The book depository and the stockyards in FW were interesting. If you will there over a weekend and can drive about 2 1/2 hours Austin was a lot of fun; great live music scene and some intersting culture. I had a long layover in Atlanta a few years ago and took a tour of the CNN studios (does that make me a left wing tug jub?). It was kinda cool to see all of the production facilities they have there.

We were just in Texas last month. The book depository and the stockyards in FW were interesting. If you will there over a weekend and can drive about 2 1/2 hours Austin was a lot of fun; great live music scene and some intersting culture. I had a long layover in Atlanta a few years ago and took a tour of the CNN studios (does that make me a left wing tug jub?). It was kinda cool to see all of the production facilities they have there.

Austin is 200 miles from Dallas. You should be able to do it under 2 hours.

alright then, so far the lack of response is telling me that there is nothing redeeming about either of these locations. guess i should book the red eye!

Minxy...atlanta is an incredible, vibrant city...you would be a poor sap if you couldn't entertain yourself there for a couple of nights...