Obama = 666?

ivan

Let's organize a cc.com rope-up for Christ event, Bug, and teach them... if our thread is not hijacked, then locked. :grlaf:

naw, that would be fun as hell (pun belatedly intended) - could be in the same spirit as my frat's old "heaven n' hell" mixers - you bring the fruity-n-refreshing beverages and we bring the cinamon and brim-stone tasting shit

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's organize a cc.com rope-up for Christ event, Bug, and teach them... if our thread is not hijacked, then locked. :grlaf:

naw, that would be fun as hell (pun belatedly intended) - could be in the same spirit as my frat's old "heaven n' hell" mixers - you bring the fruity-n-refreshing beverages and we bring the cinamon and brim-stone tasting shit

Yeah. Right on.

We can target Ivan as our first convert.

Actually, I do not beleive it is my responsibility to convert anyone.

It is my responsibility to inform but it is not my responsibility to convince.

I AM supposed to lead by example as well but then, we all fall short on that one.

probably as difficult as converting pope to clipping bolts :)

actually, if it was one of the churches were by converting i'd be immediately privy to the stable of buxom 17 year-olds i'll be diving into the pew (so to speak) :P

probably as difficult as converting pope to clipping bolts :)

actually, if it was one of the churches were by converting i'd be immediately privy to the stable of buxom 17 year-olds i'll be diving into the pew (so to speak) :P

Ah well.

I opened the dialogue.

My work is done.

But just so you know, churches are the best place to find single women.

Nobody listens but I'll say it again.

The Bible is an anthology of oral traditions.

Oral traditions/mythologies are the storage area for a society's wisdom, knowledge, and worldview. Oral tradtions were steeped in allegory and were open to change as the times changed.

When literacy was introduced, the Oral traditions were frozen in time and became obsolete. It would be like taking a picture of your self now and in 50 years saying, "That's what I look like."

Fundamentalists took over the church in spite of Jesus' abhorance of codified religion (see the part where he throughs the pharisees out of the temple).

Our generation and many preceding us are cursed with the presence of long standing fundamentalist traditions and social structures. But, as with all generations, we are tasked with "following our hearts" to discerne what is good and what is evil (or however you wat to express it).

Revelations could easily be used to prove that space aliens invaded earth in the 1st century.

Fear motivates. Those who wrote and cannonized Revelations were very afraid of losing power.

I think you are confusing people "not listening" to you with people who just don't share your point of view. You see the Bible as a storybook. That's fine. Others see it as the Word of God. That's fine. It is great that you lay out your stance clearly and that you are comforatable with it. You are heard. But remember that this is your opinion and it may or may not accurately reflect the truth of the universe, the afterlife, the spiritual realm, etc.

Edited by archenemy

There's no better aphrodisiac than taboo.

If I were to ply the Christian churches for their single women, would it be so different from the half of the congregation that's sitting there faking it?

I think a lot more Americans have serious doubts about the existence of God than meets the eye. They wouldn't admit it, of course. We're not nearly as religious a nation as the tabloids and polls would suggest.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

There's no better aphrodisiac than taboo.

If I were to ply the Christian churches for their single women, would it be so different from the half of the congregation that's sitting there faking it?

I think a lot more Americans have serious doubts about the existence of God than meets the eye. They wouldn't admit it, of course. We're not nearly as religious a nation as the tabloids and polls would suggest.

Nope.

Nobody listens but I'll say it again.

The Bible is an anthology of oral traditions.

Oral traditions/mythologies are the storage area for a society's wisdom, knowledge, and worldview. Oral tradtions were steeped in allegory and were open to change as the times changed.

When literacy was introduced, the Oral traditions were frozen in time and became obsolete. It would be like taking a picture of your self now and in 50 years saying, "That's what I look like."

Fundamentalists took over the church in spite of Jesus' abhorance of codified religion (see the part where he throughs the pharisees out of the temple).

Our generation and many preceding us are cursed with the presence of long standing fundamentalist traditions and social structures. But, as with all generations, we are tasked with "following our hearts" to discerne what is good and what is evil (or however you wat to express it).

Revelations could easily be used to prove that space aliens invaded earth in the 1st century.

Fear motivates. Those who wrote and cannonized Revelations were very afraid of losing power.

I think you are confusing people "not listening" to you with people who just don't share your point of view. You see the Bible as a storybook. That's fine. Others see it as the Word of God. That's fine. It is great that you lay out your stance clearly and that you are comforatable with it. You are heard. But remember that this is your opinion and it may or may not accurately reflect the truth of the universe, the afterlife, the spiritual realm, etc.

Actually, what I am describing is a hack-job summary of the body of academic research and development in the field of Religious Studies, more commonly referred to as Socio-cultural Anthropology. So call it my stance all you want. I stole it all from people like Joseph Campbell, Sir Edmund Leach, and a host of other professors I met and studied under. This is just to say, if you nothing about this topic and its depth of development (including many atheists), you are doomed to repeat history.

Or as one famous atheist (Neitze) put it, "the eternal recurrance of the same."

He declared "God is dead". "We must move beyond God."

So what would he have replaced God with? A God-like man.

Thereby proving his own postulate.

Matthew, Mark and Luke all talk about "false prophets", but the easy translation is that they are warning against those who are claiming to be actual prophets or those claiming thus. Who the hell would show up and just claim to be a politician? That's just stupid, and not supported by Biblical verse and scripts.

Nothing to see or fear here folks, no issues, move along. ....and take that Rooster with ya. You can continue to vote as you see fit and the Devil is not one of the choices.

However, if Hillary is elected lets hide the good china this time so it lasts till the next President gets in there shall we. Live and learn.....sigh.... :crosseye:

So what would he have replaced God with? A God-like man.

Thereby proving his own postulate.

What government would an anarchist replace government with?

Rejection is not supplantation of one thing with another. It is discarding.

Look up "Ubermensch".