lI1|1!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"our" side.

Huh? Define this please.

dumb it down for him....think Teletubbies

on the side of people "who believe in things they don't understand".

Thanks Pink...now along those lines, please explain how life spontaneously generated in the primordial ooze.

Gays are mostly that way due to genetics. The church is behind the times scientifically but they will adapt. Anything that changes rapidly, cannot withstand the erosion of time. We are in a particularly fast changing period and the old ways seem too slow to change. They will.

AFAIK, this is not known to be true. It's an idea people are studying, and the mere fact that scientists are studying it has led many to believe it's true. Believe me, we'll all know when they find "the gay gene." Can you imagine the media frenzy? "How could God make people gay and then condemn them for how he made them?"

This wont be a problem for the Calvinists.

please explain how life spontaneously generated in the primordial ooze.

I have not read this whole thread. Please excuse me if I am covering ground already addressed. Is there necessarily any contradiction between the idea that there is a god who "created" mankind and the theory of evolution? Yes, the idea that random chance is or could be the driving force behind evolution would seem to be at issue - but couldn't there have been a primordial ooze that the hand of god blessed with life?

I have not read this whole thread. Please excuse me if I am covering ground already addressed. Is there necessarily any contradiction between the idea that there is a god who "created" mankind and the theory of evolution? Yes, the idea that random chance is or could be the driving force behind evolution would seem to be at issue - but couldn't there have been a primordial ooze that the hand of god blessed with life?

Pink was insinuating that there was something wrong with person believing something he/she didn't understand. I was simply making the point that he too believed in something he didn't understand.

Pink was insinuating that there was something wrong with person believing something he/she didn't understand. I was simply making the point that he too believed in something he didn't understand.

i'm just passin time on the big blue ball and having good time and being a good person in the mean time , and someday i'll be dead. no i didn't say there was anything wrong with anything, i was just stating the obvious. i don't disbelieve or believe, and that's because i don't know and neither do you.

do you only climb things you are 100% of sending? do you see strength in those that stick their neck out on a climb. not KNOWING if a line will go, but believing it will and going for it?

same with relationships. isn't it a weaker position to not trust a mate. do you really KNOW if a mate is going to stick around? i'd say all you can do is hope and believe. FAITH

it's a shame that it is postured as weak to need to believe in god or afterlife. i'd say it is weaker to NEED proof in order to trust or believe.

you think to much, as if your constantly on the shitter. live your life and be a good person, if god wanted you to figure it out you'd already know.

shit happens dude and having faith doesn't perpetuate life, thinking positive and and maintaining a good head is what gets me off, and it would be slayer that gets me up the evil narr and if you don't trust a mate your proly with the wrong person dude.,

ummm...true in a secular context they are synonyms but the religious faction has obsconded w/the word faith. when used in the context of religion discussion "faith" often takes on a more specific and religious conotation.

i have faith that my cat will be alive when i get home. i trust my climbing partner to give me a good belay. i don't have faith or trust that there is an omnipotent being that meddling in the goings on of the world and my life. i don't have faith in that believing in god/jesus/the holy ghost/the bible/any other prophet will get me to some "promised land"

Trust and faith are CONTRIVED. So your relationship with your wife should be based on the hope of some attaining/maintaining some imaginary ideal that your ego has constructed of what ought to be, what it wants? Or should it be based on immediacy and moment to moment? On keeping each other level?

If you 'trust', it means you don't really trust, but you hope. Controlling behavior.

With climbing- if you focus on what's right in front of you at the moment, the top of the climb doesn't exist. You have no expectation of sending. That's the mindset that gets you to the anchors. Not 'trust' or 'faith'

has nothing to do with trust, the only kinda insurance one has is his ability to succeed . people come and go in and out of my life and i'm ok with that. if someone doesn't stick around then so be it, they get forgiven and i move on to having more fun with someone else. don't hold on to tight brother , you'll get pumped.

do you only climb things you are 100% of sending? do you see strength in those that stick their neck out on a climb. not KNOWING if a line will go, but believing it will and going for it?

same with relationships. isn't it a weaker position to not trust a mate. do you really KNOW if a mate is going to stick around? i'd say all you can do is hope and believe. FAITH

it's a shame that it is postured as weak to need to believe in god or afterlife. i'd say it is weaker to NEED proof in order to trust or believe.

The presence of lack of proof is not at issue for some of us. We simply don't need a God or afterlife to live a fulfilling life. For those who do, by all means, do whatever it takes. None of us are here for very long, regardless of conviction; make it count.

people come and go in and out of my life and i'm ok with that. if someone doesn't stick around then so be it, they get forgiven and i move on to having more fun with someone else.

totally agree...

i just think it is a sign of strength to trust.

no, i don't think trust and reliance are the same tho.