anybody vs. anybody

sexual_chocolate

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can BBQ a pork butt roast for 8 hours so it is at perfection of juices and smoke flavor for the most incredible pulled pork sandwich.

Oh, and crush beer cans on my forehead at the same time.

SWFA wins! the rest of you can take your pushups/pull ups/chin ups and have fun. i'm hangin w/the guy who can pull the best pork.

and trash, you can't bench press me. :noway:

sorry, I was composing when this was submitted.

OK, how many at the end of the work out.

I usually run and then do the crunchs and push ups.

My current routine is 28 upper body weight exercises; with military, incline, and bench press at the end, the finish off with pushups. I'm really lucky to crank out, like, 15 by that time. This is the last day of this training period, then my routine changes.

You might try your crunches and push ups before you run (after a brief warm up). You'll get a better strength work out when you're fresh, and your strength work out won't affect your aerobic training much.

Yeah, I have been thinking of doing just that.

I normally warm up with 20 squats, 20 lunges with each leg forward (making sure the knees never go beyond the toe, and never breaking a 90 degree bend at that knee.)

Then I do some moderate twisting, turning, and streaking before I start to run.

I just hate to stop running once I start. Getting started again just sucks.

Push up and crunches are really my only strengthening part of my work out.

Oh, I got it, I can concentrate on doing push up, squats, lunges, crunches every other day, and run less, and on the other days work more on the cardio, running, and less on the strengthening. (I need to put up a chin-up/pull-up bar)

Thanks for the inspiration.

You can do weight work outs, then run right afterwards, if you want and have the time.

What seems to be working well for me is do a weight workout for a certain set of muscle groups every 3 days (I just split it between 1)legs/abs/back and 2)upper body) I do one set per exercise (not including a light warm up set for each major muscle group) till muscle failure. One set is supposed to produce just as fast a gain in strength as multiple sets, plus it saves a bunch of time. Having tried both, I've found that this is true.

For aerobic workouts, I just do the standard hard/easy: alternating between high intensity (anything that takes me up near the anaerobic threshold: intervals/pyramids, etc) days and easy (longer runs) days.

I also swim every 3 days; nothing makes me feel better afterwards. I just pulled a whole season of pro workouts off the web, cut the distance in half (I'm not training for a Channel crossing, but thanks) and follow them. Keeps the boredom way down .

I also swim every 3 days; nothing makes me feel better afterwards. I just pulled a whole season of pro workouts off the web, cut the distance in half (I'm not training for a Channel crossing, but thanks) and follow them. Keeps the boredom way down .

The other way to keep the boredom down is to get the Swimp3. Check it out.

I can BBQ a pork butt roast for 8 hours so it is at perfection of juices and smoke flavor for the most incredible pulled pork sandwich.

Oh, and crush beer cans on my forehead at the same time.

SWFA wins! the rest of you can take your pushups/pull ups/chin ups and have fun. i'm hangin w/the guy who can pull the best pork.

and trash, you can't bench press me. :noway:

The pull pork is a once a year adventure. My wife works up the dry rub, and I do the cooking and pulling of the pork butt, and I make the souse and the home made Kaiser Rolls. She makes the slaw and potato(e) (with quail eggs) salad.

Edited by sirwoofalot

Sure thing. Todai--all you can eat. Good food. You're on.

thats what i want for dinner today so bad

nothing makes me feel better than miso soup raw fish and wassabi!!!(i stayed home sick form work today..stoopid flu)

Learn to make it. It isn't that difficult once you get the hang of it. The first couple times it turns out kinda funky but still tastes delicious. Nori, rice, wasabi, unagi. That'll cure what ales ya. Drop the wasabi bomb on the flu bug.

Sure thing. Todai--all you can eat. Good food. You're on.

thats what i want for dinner today so bad

nothing makes me feel better than miso soup raw fish and wassabi!!!(i stayed home sick form work today..stoopid flu)

Learn to make it. It isn't that difficult once you get the hang of it. The first couple times it turns out kinda funky but still tastes delicious. Nori, rice, wasabi, unagi. That'll cure what ales ya. Drop the wasabi bomb on the flu bug.

my hunny stopped and got me a catipiller roll and a rainbow roll with extra wassabi. it was totally just what i needed. I don't know why sushi always makes me feel a little better but it does. i even took a shower and put on clean jammies.