voting poll  

72 members have voted

1. 1. voting poll

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you two just STFU already?

At $150/sq foot, the Quorum castle up the street has a break even value of a million. They're already down to a 'price reduced' asking of $1.1 (going on 4 months, now, and 6 mo from when it when on the market) on a street where the next best house is worth half that. It's a race to the bottom.

Ouch.

So I hope one of the three (Hillary, Obama or Edwards) will take the nomination. Then if they really want to run away with it……one of them should accept the offer to run as vice president.

Hillary/Obama, Obama/ Hillary, Hillary/Edwards, Obama/Edwards. I will support all three. It is soooooooooo much better than the other side.

So I hope one of the three (Hillary, Obama or Edwards) will take the nomination. Then if they really want to run away with it……one of them should accept the offer to run as vice president.

Hillary/Obama, Obama/ Hillary, Hillary/Edwards, Obama/Edwards. I will support all three. It is soooooooooo much better than the other side.

there's a ringing endorsement to vote Democrat. :grlaf:

there's a ringing endorsement to vote Democrat.

Hell yes. You would be a moron to vote for another republican, unless you like the slid that this REPUBLICAN president has put us in? Yes I blame Bush and his cronies…..the buck must stop somewhere!

One block away from me every house is over a million bucks (above alki views of the Olympics), and I think the guy thought he could associate with those prices more than the relatively blue collar priced housing with the territorial/Mt. Rainier view on our side of the hill.

That might have been the strategy with this house, too, because we're in a similar position. Unfortunatley, it's a spec house where the 'window side' (there don't seem to be many windows on any of the other sides) doesn't face the view, which is diminished anyway due to it's lower altitude. Um...OK. Nice try. Funny thing is, everyone in our hood correctly predicted this thing wasn't going to sell. You'd think, with so much cash at stake, the developer might have thought about chatting up the locals a bit before calling in the dozers.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

there's a ringing endorsement to vote Democrat.

Hell yes. You would be a moron to vote for another republican, unless you like the slid that this REPUBLICAN president has put us in? Yes I blame Bush and his cronies…..the buck must stop somewhere!

everyone: vote with Kevbone. :grlaf:

There are some unwarranted assumptions being made here concerning the relative respect one's own opinions garnish, to be sure. This isn't someone who is prone to trip over the obvious, however, as his recent posting have indicated.

There are some unwarranted assumptions being made here concerning the relative respect one's own opinions garnish, to be sure. This isn't someone who is prone to trip over the obvious, however, as his recent posting have indicated.

TTK and Kevbone - like minded in all ways. :grlaf:

Well, I don't know KB personally, so I wouldn't even begin to know how like minded we are. We share a dissatisfaction with the current administration, but, then again, so do you. He seems to have a healthy contingent of climbing pals down south, which indicates he's probably not completely socially challenged. In any case, I can hang with a broad variety of types, so your comment doesn't really find much of a mark. And I wouldn't be so sure that you're dazzling anyone on this forum with your intellect, there, pardner.

The only thing I know for sure about KB is that I'd love to be able to play the gitbox like he does.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

One block away from me every house is over a million bucks (above alki views of the Olympics), and I think the guy thought he could associate with those prices more than the relatively blue collar priced housing with the territorial/Mt. Rainier view on our side of the hill.

That might have been the strategy with this house, too, because we're in a similar position. Unfortunatley, it's a spec house where the 'window side' (there don't seem to be many windows on any of the other sides) doesn't face the view, which is diminished anyway due to it's lower altitude. Um...OK. Nice try. Funny thing is, everyone in our hood correctly predicted this thing wasn't going to sell. You'd think, with so much cash at stake, the developer might have thought about chatting up the locals a bit before calling in the dozers.

I think that land prices in most neighborhoods in Seattle are high enough these days that anyone doing the tear-down thing concludes that they've got to slap a big structure on the lot if they want to turn a decent profit. Probably pencils out easier with townhomes/condos in places that are zoned for that.

Back to the subject!

I certainly would not want a(nother) religious nutball to enter the Whitehouse, but I am happy for the state of religion in our country that Huckabee is doing what he's is doing. From what I've heard, this guy Huckabee is a saint. He's using his religion to stump, but he isn't planning on "using" his supporters once he gets elected. He's actually for the social program stuff that seems a no-brainer from the aspect of religion, but has been removed from the calculus in the current administration since it conflicts with traditional GOP baby-eater values.

I'm talking primarily about major GOP platforms of "buy your own healthcare" and "kill/jail/deport all aliens because they are the source of our problems, heaven knows it's not us". Huckabee seems relatively liberal on these two issues. He seems to be more on par with the church than Bush is, though I will acknowledge that Bush's stand on illegal-immigration actually seems more reasonable than most.

I'd much prefer McCain over the Huck. Giuliani is scary. Romney is basically Clinton (though with a different paymaster).

Obama versus Huckabee, now there's a deathmatch!

Back to the subject!

I certainly would not want a(nother) religious nutball to enter the Whitehouse, but I am happy for the state of religion in our country that Huckabee is doing what he's is doing. From what I've heard, this guy Huckabee is a saint. He's using his religion to stump, but he isn't planning on "using" his supporters once he gets elected. He's actually for the social program stuff that seems a no-brainer from the aspect of religion, but has been removed from the calculus in the current administration since it conflicts with traditional GOP baby-eater values.

I'm talking primarily about major GOP platforms of "buy your own healthcare" and "kill/jail/deport all aliens because they are the source of our problems, heaven knows it's not us". Huckabee seems relatively liberal on these two issues. He seems to be more on par with the church than Bush is, though I will acknowledge that Bush's stand on illegal-immigration actually seems more reasonable than most.

I'd much prefer McCain over the Huck. Giuliani is scary. Romney is basically Clinton (though with a different paymaster).

Obama versus Huckabee, now there's a deathmatch!

Who are you expecting to vote for Huckabee?

If Iowa is any indication, Huckabee would get the thumper vote, but I don't think he'll survive the process to be the candidate. The GOP's gonna do everything it can to get an insider nominated.

As for the dems, I'm hoping Obama will ride his momentum to become the nominee. There's too much disatisfaction with Hills, it seems, and a strong "anybody but Hillary" feeling from the other side. Edward's message is a bit dated...I don't think it lights enough people's fire for a nomination. Obama could garnish a fair number of centrists and disenchanted Reps, and his showing in Iowa indicates that he can generate some voter turnout. As a minor consideration, Kucinich and Nader (OK, not running, but you have to understand his kooky supporters to know why this is necessary) have pledged their followers to Obama, and thats a few million more votes. Finally, Ron Pauls' progressive pitch hitters would probably switch to Obama more than anyone else in the race.

If Iowa is any indication, Huckabee would get the thumper vote, but I don't think he'll survive the process to be the candidate. The GOP's gonna do everything it can to get an insider nominated.

As for the dems, I'm hoping Obama will ride his momentum to become the nominee. There's too much disatisfaction with Hills, it seems, and a strong "anybody but Hillary" feeling from the other side. Edward's message is a bit dated...I don't think it lights enough people's fire for a nomination. Obama could garnish a fair number of centrists and disenchanted Reps, and his showing in Iowa indicates that he can generate some voter turnout. As a minor consideration, Kucinich and Nader (OK, not running, but you have to understand his kooky supporters to know why this is necessary) have pledged their followers to Obama, and thats a few million more votes. Finally, Ron Pauls' progressive pitch hitters would probably switch to Obama more than anyone else in the race.

It's much harder for me to identify substantive differences in the platforms put forward by Obama and Edwards than it is between either of them and Clinton.

Is it the person or the policies that matter more in the preference for Obama over Edwards? Obama seems like a classier version of Edwards, with a life narrative and an agenda that resonates quite a bit more with people's aspirations for the country, especially on the racial front. What they'd do differently once in office is tougher to determine.

Huckabee has got the zombie evangelical vote. All those folks who voted for (and were duped by) Bush simply because he was religious. Those votes would go to The Huck. That's who.

I doubt he'll get very far. New Hampshire is going to be the big Huckabee buzzkill (not enough Jesus zombies up there), and Giuliani looks like a lock on FLA.

Check out intrade.com ! You can bet, errr...invest in futures, in the political races. Probably illegal to do it for real money, but you can sign up to practice with $5000 play money. I'm up about 700 play$ right now.

Is it the person or the policies that matter more in the preference for Obama over Edwards? ... What they'd do differently once in office is tougher to determine.

don't take this the wrong way JayB but that's one of the most simplistic, least relevant statements you've made recently. this is true in every presidential race ever. no one has a clue what these guys will do in office. it seems that in every presidency there is reason to say that the man in the oval office didn't do what you thought he'd do.

actually hillary is using that as a selling point today to differentiate herself from obama: she is saying "with me, you know what you'll get, because you know who i am...i'm a washington insider"....which is risky because the vote yesterday seemed to be all about change according to teh pundits.