Denali Expedition 2008 - Looking for 10-12 member

vertical_hiker

If you don't like the policalization of the religious right...touch shit....you've created your own monster.

I'd say the tough shit is on your end, padre. The dumbshits you allow to represent you have been losing court cases by the bushel lately.

Separation of church and state. Love it or leave it. If you don't like that in public schools, pony up the cash for private and STFU.

let's make a deal...when you folks can spontaneously create life with a chemical reaction, you can teach evolution

Nah. You come up with a non-religious competing scientific theory for evolution an we'll teach both. Oh, wait...you just tried that and lost. Deals? Why? Hey bud, we're already on top. 170 years of successfully tested theory and still going strong. Every day you delay just means more evidential proof for evolution. If you understood survival of the fittest, you might realize just how poor your bargaining position is at this point.

If you can't explain why we'd NEED to teach evolution at all, why would I need to come up with a competing theory to teach along side it?....Still waiting. I'm declaring victory. Oh an by the way TTK, the miniscule gas mileage improvement of the smart car over other four-door subcompacts doesn't even begin to compensate for the lack of utility and safety.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's make a deal...when you folks can spontaneously create life with a chemical reaction, you can teach evolution

Well then pony up because that experiment has been run quite a few times. Basically we're down to the same argument the IDers throw up - teach both sides of the controversy. Bub - clue in. There is no controversy in science. But if you want to continue the arm waving we can bring in the Spaghetti Monster again www.venganza.org. THAT you can teach in your private school if you want - religion is not science. End of story.

references to said experiments???

If you don't like the policalization of the religious right...touch shit....you've created your own monster.

I'd say the tough shit is on your end, padre. The dumbshits you allow to represent you have been losing court cases by the bushel lately.

Separation of church and state. Love it or leave it. If you don't like that in public schools, pony up the cash for private and STFU.

let's make a deal...when you folks can spontaneously create life with a chemical reaction, you can teach evolution - in the mean time, if you can explain why evolution should be considered a foundational science for a highschool curriculum, I'm still waiting. So far I heard "you have to teach it because its science" - thanks Ivan - why I didn't think of that is beyond me

They can't come up with anything. Only insults. The Nazis used that itimidation factor.

You'll have to give up on schools then because logic, skepticism and reasoning are all integral parts of education and are anti-religion.

You want my conspiracy theory. Organized religion teaches people to be followers that don't question what their told. The mobilization of the religious voter is the perfect vehicle for taking over the government of a democratic country in a despotic manner. It's a hidden despotism. Convince a bunch of religious leaders to brain wash their followers into doing their bidding. Tell them it's gods will. Suddenly the president is a king placed there by a higher power through the voice of the people.

The exception to this are the skeptical religious people who use the teachings of their faith to live a good life helping others as was the original intention.

Reasonable thinking. Except all the major players of our governments democratic system were christians. Hell they wanted to make Goerge Washington king. He turned it down.

Edited by Seahawks

I'm declaring victory. Oh an by the way TTK, the miniscule gas mileage improvement of the smart car over other four-door subcompacts doesn't even begin to compensate for the lack of utility and safety.

You can stand in front of a mirror and tell yourself whatever you want of it'll make yourself feel better, bud. After all, that's what you folks are trained to do. The U.S. Courts and public opinion don't quite gibe with your assessment, but then again, interpreting evidence (or presenting it) was never your strong suit.

I'm declaring victory. Oh an by the way TTK, the miniscule gas mileage improvement of the smart car over other four-door subcompacts doesn't even begin to compensate for the lack of utility and safety.

You can stand in front of a mirror and tell yourself whatever you want of it'll make yourself feel better, bud. After all, that's what you folks are trained to do. The U.S. Courts and public opinion don't quite gibe with your assessment, but then again, interpreting evidence (or presenting it) was never your strong suit.

and still no answer

Funny thing is Public opinion is more on the side of creation. It the liberal judges that say we must beleive what they believe.

and still no answer

look it up, ya lazy prick. Your ignorance is not my problem.

dude just wanted to climb denali for christ and now its another evolution debate. :argue:

It must be God's will.

still waiting for references to experiments where life was spontaneously created...thanks....here til ~ 6pm

LOL you'll be waiting a long time it a farce. They can't create life and they don't have any transitional fossil record. Hell maybe alliens came here and planted life. Heard that one from an evolutionist.

the liberal judge thing is also horrendously stupid - um, haven't you guys been in charge and appointing judges for damn near 8 years now?

It not you guys. Its them. Get real. We are the have not and the are the haves.

In an educational sense, this couldn't be more true.

The judge who ruled against ID was a conservative republican Bush appointee, BTW.

The nearest black hole is tens of thousands of light years away. You can hold a fossil, anolis lizard, or sample of mitochondrial DNA which contains haplotype genetic markers in your hand.

"Observe"? No irony here.

anyone can hold a fossile, nobody is denying that. They existed. Where is the transitional fossil??? They should be everywhere. They shouldn't be hard to find if evolution is true. Show me one.

Edited by Seahawks

and for those who think public schools don't give fair service to religion, please come watch me teach social studies - i make a very concentrated effort to teach all of the major world religions in the fairest fashion. i obviously can't speak for all social studies teachers, but as a professional, the strident and disrespectful opinions i spray here re: religion are most definitely excluded from my lessons, and i've reprimanded no small number of twits in my classroom who think it's cool to trash each others faiths in that forum, most especially including atheists.

again, w/ the why teach evolution thing - could it be that evolution is truly one of the most fundemental laws of the universe, used to explain fucking everything!? the heavens above, the stock-market, politics, current events, history, economics, religion itself for christ's-sweet-fucking-sake! everything evolves! to comprehend where we've been, where we are now, and where we're heading is impossible w/o it. for my own subject of instruction, world history, to properly begin the narrative i must begin in pre-history, which compells a discussion of geology, dating-technique, our homonid ancestors, etc. my instruction is based on tangible evidence and commonly accepted scientific theory.

and for those who think public schools don't give fair service to religion, please come watch me teach social studies - i make a very concentrated effort to teach all of the major world religions in the fairest fashion. i obviously can't speak for all social studies teachers, but as a professional, the strident and disrespectful opinions i spray here re: religion are most definitely excluded from my lessons, and i've reprimanded no small number of twits in my classroom who think it's cool to trash each others faiths in that forum, most especially including atheists.

again, w/ the why teach evolution thing - could it be that evolution is truly one of the most fundemental laws of the universe, used to explain fucking everything!? the heavens above, the stock-market, politics, current events, history, economics, religion itself for christ's-sweet-fucking-sake! everything evolves! to comprehend where we've been, where we are now, and where we're heading is impossible w/o it. for my own subject of instruction, world history, to properly begin the narrative i must begin in pre-history, which compells a discussion of geology, dating-technique, our homonid ancestors, etc. my instruction is based on tangible evidence and commonly accepted scientific theory.

Are you talking Micro = adaptation or Macro-Evolution of one specious to another. I can agree with the micro but you screwed on the Macro. Create life from nothing or find the transitional fossils.