Olympic Mascots

gertlush

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the marketing department was trying to appeal to kids, they succeeded. My four year old daughter wants a Miga. "Oh, it's adorable." My nine year old a Sumi. Green is one of the fave colors for the tweener set and they use it with both the little mascots. I'm guessing my 7 yo son will go for the Quatchi, especially with the blue ear muffs since that is his favorite color.

Now all they have to offer is a secret code (ala Webkinz) when you buy one of the stuffed animals that lets you log in via the Internet and be part of a virtual Olympic Village so you can visit all the event venues and take part in competitions to win gold, silver and bronze.

Now all they have to offer is a secret code (ala Webkinz) when you buy one of the stuffed animals that lets you log in via the Internet and be part of a virtual Olympic Village so you can visit all the event venues and take part in competitions to win gold, silver and bronze.

I am so stealing your idea and making a million dollarz!

I am so stealing your idea and making a million dollarz!

Too late.... they've already got it covered. From the 2010 press release:

The second phase of the vancouver2010.com mascot program is scheduled for 2008, when additional online games and interactive features will be added. The online program takes traditional Games mascots to a new level, leveraging the reach of the internet so that children around the world can experience the mascots.