what now?

builder206

Around 1:00 this afternoon I was on Leary near Fred Meyer. There was a cluster of cyclists holding signs at a street corner. I only saw one sign, which read "biofuels kill!"

WTF? Is there a group that opposes *everything*? Bolts, kitties, biofuels, murder, apple pie, trade with Cuba, park permits: down with it all!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a related note....

A friend is walking to his flat in belltown and sees something a little funny up ahead on the sidewalk. It's dark outside so he can't make it out. He gets closer and thinks no it can't be, but it is: some dude is wearing a trench coat, and between the folds of his trench coat is the head of a woman bobbing back and forth frantically. He's too close now to avoid the scene, so what else can he do but say "hey". Homeboy looks up and says in a casual voice: : "'sup?"

Friend is a bit flummoxed, keeps walking, whilst the frantic head-bobbing continues.

On a related note....

A friend is walking to his flat in belltown and sees something a little funny up ahead on the sidewalk. It's dark outside so he can't make it out. He gets closer and thinks no it can't be, but it is: some dude is wearing a trench coat, and between the folds of his trench coat is the head of a woman bobbing back and forth frantically. He's too close now to avoid the scene, so what else can he do but say "hey". Homeboy looks up and says in a casual voice: : "'sup?"

Friend is a bit flummoxed, keeps walking, whilst the frantic head-bobbing continues.

Not another Hummer thread....

I lived on lower QueerAnne for a couple years and frequented the Belltown scene when it was "Really" cool. I met an old friend there one night and he ended up moving into my spare room. Then he met an old childhood friend down there who was homeless so he moved into the front hall. From there it was a slippery slide into the Seattle netherworld of exotic dancers, pimps, and the occaisional yuppie divorcee (no. I wasn't married yet in those days). Well as it turned out, this homeless guy was one helluva poet and wrote his poetry on my walls. It was a masterpiece. Seriously. We talked him into publishing which he tried to do but never quite made it. But in the process he got back into a job, a life, and seeing his son. Oh, he heard voices too. And saw UFO's over Seattle all the time. On a road trip in the Sanora desert he had a phsycic tell him that he was the captain of a space ship and they would come back for him as soon as they could.

But to get back to the point, I was walking toward the Croc one night and there he was in a white plastic jump suit getting a bj on the sidewalk. As I walked by he said "hi" and tried to point out a UFO over the space needle.

I never saw him again.

I heard he was in Pheonix working in a book store.

On a similar note, that being random nueral firings, that first friend who moved in was a ferry worker. When he and I moved out of the apt on LQA we went our separate ways. We bumped into each other a couple times but fell out of touch for a few years.

The second time I got married, my wife and I were taking the ferry to Orcas for our honeymoon and there was my friend on deck.

He arranged for us to go up to the bridge and introduced us to the captain. After awhile, the captain asked me if I wanted to man the helm. So in the middle of the night on the way to my honeymoon suite I was steering the ferry and reliving UFO stories with an old friend and the captain. My wife was just very releived to be out of the public area as there was another bride on board wearing the same wedding dress.

Around 1:00 this afternoon I was on Leary near Fred Meyer. There was a cluster of cyclists holding signs at a street corner. I only saw one sign, which read "biofuels kill!"

WTF? Is there a group that opposes *everything*? Bolts, kitties, biofuels, murder, apple pie, trade with Cuba, park permits: down with it all!

They are right about what they are saying. Biofuels are not a panacea. They are made by converting food into fuel. This makes food more expensive and more people will starve.

um actually most bio fuels, other than ethinol, are made out of waste products, you can make biodiesel out of used vegie oil, you can run cars off straight used vegie oil, you can run off of methane gas, a waste product, you can run off "dirty" (unpotible) water, i think you can clump some sources or electric run vehicles nto the same catigory, as bio fuel is simply a term used for a fuel that is more readily decomposed and resueable than fosil fuels, whichby the way is technicaly a biofuel but the carbon cycle for oil is millions of yrs rather than the realitivly short turnaround for growning corn and or other oil produceing plants, which btw there are other plants tha grow faster,produce more oil per mass of the plant and are not one of the major food sources for people today. green algee being one of them, so no offince CBS but those people are either missinformed or unnformed, if a guy like me can find the info in the net i think most anyone can and the info comes from creditable sources such as the UofI which has been studing biofuels, biodiesel mostly, since about 1990.