Catscan into Zion

RuMR

Sunday broke with sunny skies and pleasant temps.

We arrived at the base of Zebra Zion to hook up with my buddy Paul and his girlfriend Rebecca. Due to tardiness in getting up and going we were running a little bit late and arrived to find Paul anxious to go and already racked up. Unfortunately another party had started and the second climber was experiencing a little bit of difficulty. Fearing that they wouldn't be able to get going, Paul decided to jet past them via Catscan and then proceeded to bring Drew up and then Rebecca. Drew hauled a rope to bring Rebecca up.

Catscan went fairly well with some subtle difficulties for Drew right at the "mini dihedral" just past the first anchors, but the roof above posed no problems and the face climbing went well too.

From there, they floated on up the rest of the pitches and the rest of us on the ground hiked up misery ridge and on back to spiderman buttress to hook up with them on the backside.

I have never been so proud as then...

MANY MANY THANKS TO PAUL AND REBECCA FOR BRINGING DREW UP SAFELY. HE HAD A GREAT TIME!!!!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its impressive how hard Drew can climb with out you holding him back huh Rudy? ;)

In all seriousness that's why i had Paul take him up...No whining with others...

"coach syndrome"

Parent says: Sky is blue and UP

Child says: Sky is purple and down

Coach says: Sky is blue and UP

Child says: Gee dad, did you know that coach is right and says "Sky is blue and UP"

Too funny! I thought the same thing(that "Drew" was G-spotter).

Now that we've got that straightened out...

A big :rawk: to Drew! Absolutely awesome.

Can't wait for the pics!

Shit, you think YOU were confused? RuMR sends me a PM at lunch to go read this thread. I open it, and the first names I see are (what I think are supposed to be) mine and my wife's!!1 :lmao:

Seriously, nice work there Drew! BTW, whip that old tool every few days just to keep his lip zipped, will ya? :laf:

Oh, and Rudy, this one's for you, pal... :ass: