Crap! Crystal raises prices on kids!

chucK

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Crystal does at least deliver the goods.. I'm mostly just crying over what I've lost. :cry:

Crystal's former policy of $5 for 10 and under was the best deal around. They'd make it back by over-pricing (relative to the competition) on the 11-12 yr olds.

Unfortunately, now the 7-10's are standard pricing, but they still gouge for the 11-12's ($53 :eek:).

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't know what to say; back in the day Crystal used to be $13 for adults and Ski Acres was $7 bucks. Hyak had $2 night skiing. Of course there's been some inflation since then.

I don't get too worked up about prices...that's the way things are trending. What steams me is naming of ski areas.

It ain't Summit West, Summit Central, and Summit East :noway::anger:

It's the Summit, Ski Acres, and Hyak.... with the Snoqualmie Mountaineers lodge in the mix.

The mounties lodge was the best ever; it was cheap and they had a real high speed rope tow :tup:

They need more high speed rope tows everywhere. It teaches you respect for being taken to the top of the mountain.

The Ski Hill in Leavenworth is rope tow serviced. My kids have been learning there the last few years. In the beginning, they rode up between my legs, at least until my right forearm was so pumped I couldn't get a grip (wish I'd had those grippers then). Now they're independant skiers and run mad amounts of laps.

$58 a day still seems like a bargain for Crystal.

Could be much worse. You could be paying $45/day for this:

http://www.crystalmountain.com/images/File/Winter2006_07/downhilltrailmap200607.pdf

Ya ya, laugh it up. I spent the first 17 years (13 of them skiing) of my life skiing there. I grew up about 10 miles from that place. We didn't know any better.

Now when I want cheap skiing I go to The Loup.

The Ski Hill in Leavenworth is rope tow serviced. My kids have been learning there the last few years. In the beginning, they rode up between my legs, at least until my right forearm was so pumped I couldn't get a grip (wish I'd had those grippers then). Now they're independant skiers and run mad amounts of laps.

My first time up the high speed lift at the Snoqualmie Mounties I think I was either 4 or 5 and my dad put me inbetween his legs and got me to the top. :tup:

I've never checked out the Leavenworth lift.