hefeweizen

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lots of stuff:

build houses

tree work

right now im working in an oil refinery doing structrual maintnace and new construction.

ok so i guess i need to revise my list. some how simply stateing i did tree work evoled into me being an expert aborist. the yolcal aborist on this board has been fliping me a ton of shit for this so let me clarify something, by stateing that i did/may do again some tree work, i meant i worked for a company who sole existance is wroking on trees pruning removal ect. most of the work in which i preformed was simply picking up debree and shoving it in the chipper, and cutting up large pieces so they will fit. as far as i know this is considered tree work and for the sake of keeping it short and easy i did not write a discription of the work i preformed, as i though it was self evedent that such a broad statement was not by any means claimg to be an expert in the field. but i guess i was out of my field of expertise, happy now.. leave me alone

Man, I thought that the local CC Arborist (now Arboreal Consultant) spelled bad. If poor spelling is any measure of arboreal skill, you should be writing for "Arbor Age" magazine

I was an Ann Arborist for a few years.

who is "the man" anyway? define "the man".

I'm the man now put the ball gag back in

if your the man, then how come your always swingin that purse around?

he's the man with the manzier, beyotch!

is that from tvash's eloquent backcountry catalog?

who you calling beyotch, old timer?

Edited by pink

bump

More directed to those of you in the corporate world but any relevant input is appreciated...

Does your company have an HR policy regarding tattoos? If so what is it?

- 100% allowed?

- Allowed if "tasteful"?

- Must be covered at all times?

- If it cannot be covered (i.e. hands, neck, etc) what is acceptable (i.e. tattooed wedding band) and what isn't ("STFU n00b" on the knuckles)?

- Must be covered when dealing with clients?

- You must have a tattoo to work for your company?

- etc etc?

*BONUS* If one of the responsibilities of your position is hiring (please note if this is an individual responsibility or shared decision) does your company and/or you have a stance on tattoos visible during the interview *or* after you extend the position and the suit and tie come off you find the applicant was covering tattoos on their forearms, etc etc

TIA for good input

Stay on topic please

bump

More directed to those of you in the corporate world but any relevant input is appreciated...

Does your company have an HR policy regarding tattoos? If so what is it?

- 100% allowed?

- Allowed if "tasteful"?

- Must be covered at all times?

- If it cannot be covered (i.e. hands, neck, etc) what is acceptable (i.e. tattooed wedding band) and what isn't ("STFU n00b" on the knuckles)?

- Must be covered when dealing with clients?

- You must have a tattoo to work for your company?

- etc etc?

*BONUS* If one of the responsibilities of your position is hiring (please note if this is an individual responsibility or shared decision) does your company and/or you have a stance on tattoos visible during the interview *or* after you extend the position and the suit and tie come off you find the applicant was covering tattoos on their forearms, etc etc

TIA for good input

Stay on topic please

The corporate asswipes I used to work for wanted your ink covered at all times. Most corporations generally want ink covered. I have never not hired someone who covers their tats and interviews well.

Ink makes these corporate leming biased against you because they probably think you are "rebellious" and have a big dick. So they feel threatened that you will not stay in line.

This only really applies to the large buttoned down, suit and tie wearing companies. Smaller companies that I dealt with were much more accepting. I would not recommend your showing ink at your interview and I would even recommend that you stick with long sleeve shirts during your workday, so you can avoid assholes from HR.

Mammography is the most envied profession by most male :grin:

I just cannot picture why any man would want the job of taking one of the most beautiful parts of a woman's body and squishing the hell out of it until it hurts her; all while hoping that he doesn't have to tell her she might die from that little spot that showed up on the film. And then to make sexual jokes about it later must be the greatest achievement. :mad:

I have a standing offer to pay for my 16 year old daughter's first tattoo, but there is a catch. It has to be the word FUCK tattooed on her forehead.

BTW, I was considering a wedding ring tattoo for myself, since I lost mine in some glove removal incident out skiing, and between climbing, power tools, and an aversion to avulsions, a metal band doesn't really suit my lifestyle. Research suggested that it wouldn't be that great a tattoo: hard to get much detail in that location and not really enough tissue to hold the ink, as well as significant wearing away from physical labor.

Hey Off: how about the word "lucky" below her belly button? My girl has that one :D

Semi related she also has stars and hearts on her fingers and gets them touched up ~5 years... she holds ink a little better (cuban) than white guys like us but as long as you dont have something that isnt too intricate, a good artist, and you get it touched up every few years you should be able to get something inked on.

i'm just have the surgeon make sure thing aren't wrinkled

Stop drinking Minx!

I figure if a person has tatoos should they mind if they are judged by the tatoos subject/quality?

No. I'd hope that most of us with tattoos have one thing in common. We don't give a raw fuck what you think.

Why the fuck would I care about what someone looks like when they are old and wrinkled? And by the time I am old and wrinkled, I plan to not give a shit about how anyone looks--tattoos or not.

why would you give a fuck what you look like now, are the tattoos for you or for the masses. i'm sure your tattoos are damn sexy, i'm just not into them. kinda bugs me when someone shows me their tatts. i don't give a fuck. i would hope your doing them for you. kinda like climbing.

and tramp stamps are the worse.

Edited by pink

i'm just have the surgeon make sure thing aren't wrinkled

Stop drinking Minx!

I figure if a person has tatoos should they mind if they are judged by the tatoos subject/quality?

No. I'd hope that most of us with tattoos have one thing in common. We don't give a raw fuck what you think.

:crazy: Actually Archy I was speaking in reference to job interviews.