Hypocrisy

kevbone

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, Kevbone, I gotta say...

I think your original argument is pretty poor. People who support the war think they're saving lives. From talking to them, they seem to honestly believe they are protecting America by sacrificing our soldiers. I disagree, but I believe they're sincere.

Your argument insinuates that they are maliciously sending troops to be slaughtered, which isn't fair.

Unless you are saying it's ALWAYS wrong to send soldiers to war.

Troll? :confused:

Edited by robmcdan

Why don't you choose to make sense when you post things.

Practice what you preach friend.

Wise up....participating in a society is a social-contract. You can't necessarily do everything you want and not everything is a choice with a satisfying outcome for YOU....you sound like a spoiled baby (a live one, not a murdered one). Sure you have a choice...and choices have consequences: the government says you can't drive a car without a license because there are standards for driving that are meant to protect others (and yourself). If you choose to do so, you will suffer ill consequences. You can't kill anybody or anything you want...at the zoo or in your neighbor's yard or even have dog-fighting in your own garage...(the government is protecting some examples of non-human life. You can choose to do so, but you will suffer ill consequences. You can choose not to pay your taxes....try it and see what happens.

Complete drivel you write.

How do you tie my driver’s license into abortion? One is not a choice…..the other is.

You are genuinely clueless, over and over again.

Once again, as I have done before with other subjects, I am going to make a choice not to respond to you further on this topic...it is a waste of my time dealing with someone who is at least choosing to appear dense.

P.S. You do have a choice with a driver's license. Choose not to get a driver's license, choose to get a ticket if you're caught.

Now how about taking a little time off to do some thinking before you blat out your next ill-conceived "drivel".

People who support the war think they're saving lives.

This would be the first way of thinking that would be a mistake. Support the war and save lives? Whose lives? Ours……because innocent Iraq’s are dying everyday over there.

From talking to them, they seem to honestly believe they are protecting America by sacrificing our soldiers. I disagree, but I believe they're sincere.

I disagree as well.

Your argument insinuates that they are maliciously sending troops to be slaughtered, which isn't fair.

I disagree. Seems to me the same people (conservatives) are against abortion but support the war effort which is a bunch of death wrapped up in politics. Does not make since to me.

Troll? :confused:

Always!

Why don't you choose to make sense when you post things.

Practice what you preach friend.

Wise up....participating in a society is a social-contract. You can't necessarily do everything you want and not everything is a choice with a satisfying outcome for YOU....you sound like a spoiled baby (a live one, not a murdered one). Sure you have a choice...and choices have consequences: the government says you can't drive a car without a license because there are standards for driving that are meant to protect others (and yourself). If you choose to do so, you will suffer ill consequences. You can't kill anybody or anything you want...at the zoo or in your neighbor's yard or even have dog-fighting in your own garage...(the government is protecting some examples of non-human life. You can choose to do so, but you will suffer ill consequences. You can choose not to pay your taxes....try it and see what happens.

Complete drivel you write.

How do you tie my driver’s license into abortion? One is not a choice…..the other is.

You are genuinely clueless, over and over again.

Once again, as I have done before with other subjects, I am going to make a choice not to respond to you further on this topic...it is a waste of my time dealing with someone who is at least choosing to appear dense.

P.S. You do have a choice with a driver's license. Choose not to get a driver's license, choose to get a ticket if you're caught.

Now how about taking a little time off to do some thinking before you blat out your next ill-conceived "drivel".

Right on....ever want to go climbing.....let me know.

"drivel"......thats my word

I disagree. Seems to me the same people (conservatives) are against abortion but support the war effort which is a bunch of death wrapped up in politics. Does not make since to me.

Yes, but they (conservatives who support the war) don't see it in the same light you do. So, it's not really fair to judge them in light of what YOU know. For just a second, put yourself in their shoes. You can't understand any issue if you are incapable of seeing the other side (even if you disagree).

I think that most supporters of the war see the deaths of our soldiers as unfortunate, but for the greater good. If you can admit that they at least feel this way, than you will see that they are not really so bad. At least, they're not malicious.

Edited by robmcdan

I agree with the concept of “the greater good”…….how does that fit in with us occupying a country that did not attack us. Are those soldiers dying for the “greater good”? I would say not.

Going to war in 1941 was a different set of scenarios. We were attacked on our own soil. Pearl Harbor.

Iraq never attacked us. Therefore supporting this “war” is messed up to begin with.

I agree with the concept of “the greater good”…….how does that fit in with us occupying a country that did not attack us. Are those soldiers dying for the “greater good”? I would say not.

Going to war in 1941 was a different set of scenarios. We were attacked on our own soil. Pearl Harbor.

Iraq never attacked us. Therefore supporting this “war” is messed up to begin with.

So you have to be attacked before you go to war? Ever hear of Cuba?

Yes, but they (conservatives who support the war) don't see it in the same light you do. So, it's not really fair to judge them in light of what YOU know. For just a second, put yourself in their shoes. You can't understand any issue if you are incapable of seeing the other side (even if you disagree).

I think that most supporters of the war see the deaths of our soldiers as unfortunate, but for the greater good. If you can admit that they at least feel this way, than you will see that they are not really so bad. At least, they're not malicious.

Pearls before swine, Rob. Good effort though. :tup:

I agree…..currently it is our right to have an abortion……thank god we have our government to protect me from people who want to take that right away…..

Slavery used to be legal in this country, and accepted in some circles. I think few would now argue that the progression of our country's collective morality in this area was not overwhelmingly positive. Perhaps, at the time, the abolitionists were viewed as "imposing their values" on those that disagreed with them, however I don't see that rhetoric in the modern discussions of the issue.

It was a group of people that stood up for the rights of those that couldn't defend themselves. Because the slaveowners at the time were willing to overlook the moral issues of slavery due to the economic repercussions, the government needed to step up. Sounds eerily familiar, doesn't it?

KB....no vapid comments for me....where's the love?

KB....no vapid comments for me....where's the love?

Nope…..no vapid comments for you today…..guess I never saw your point with the slavery thing! Sorry.

Hows the kid…..mine will be one in two weeks…..crazy.

He's awesome....getting fun...I'll post a pic in the next couple days