The Loonie worth more than the Green Back..

jmace

Since the Canadian dollar is rising vs. the Euro as well me thinks you are a retard.

Ya considering the loonie is just below parity to the Dollar and the Euro just rose against the Dollar I'd have to say you are mistaken

and with the 1 Euro getting 1.50 Canadian I really dont think we have to worry about the few americans who own passports stopping their canadian adventures

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Value-wise, Crystal at $58 doleros and 2H closer beats Whistler at Loonie-Dolero parity.

well you've got the 2 hour closer but for 10 bucks more whistler has 38 lifts compared to 11 and over 8000 acres to crystals 2000..I dunno I think Valu-Wise Whistler has you beat

anyways serenity asked asked why I was gloating..

Yeah - Whistler pretty much crushes anything in NA in just about every category in my mind, but I can ski my legs to failure on killer terrain at Crystal for less money than I'd spend doing the same thing at Whistler, so for when the currency's at parity, Crystal's where I'd go if I lived locally.

If you are flying in from somewhere else and staying for a few days, there's also no contest in terms of lodging, apres, etc.

If you are flying in from somewhere else and staying for a few days, there's also no contest in terms of lodging, apres, etc.

Yes, but as was established earlier this year, most of Whistler's visitors come from WA & BC......

I think more money comes from further though. $67 for a day of skiing with a bag lunch Vs. ~$2000 for a family of 4 for the weekend with accom.

Whistler, somehow it always comes back to Whistler (COUGH-REVELSTOKE).

Although Vancouver based, and independently operated, Intrawest is ultimately owned by Fortress Investment Group LLC. Whistler-Blackcomb is a subsidiary of a large investment chain based out of New York. What the end relationship there is I can't say. Doesn't matter. To me it's all the same. Our misfortune, while temporary, is also your temporary misfortune to a point.

Furthermore Whistler-Blackcomb was initially financed and developed by an American firm which later chose to divest.

Intrawest is an awesome company, and should be a true source of pride for Canadians. It has been a joint venture from the beginning, with sweat equity and capital coming from both sides of the border. Intrawest is involved in Les Arcs in France and numerous developments which provide an endless source of enjoyment for the type of people who gravitate towards their resorts.

Jmace, the trips I was referring to were overseas trips, not BC trips, which have an impact on the business owners who were all Canadians. Fortunately our relationships are good ones, and I don't get the kind of condescending attitude like you throw off.

I also spend about 20-30 days a year in Whistler, Nelson, Canmore, Banff, Rossland, Squamish, Pemberton, Revelstoke, New Denver and points in between. Frankly, if the attitude of the majority of really AWESOME people I meet in Canada was anything like your's I'd be spending my money in Chile and Peru.

Intrawest is an awesome company, and should be a true source of pride for Canadians.

A company devoted to turning skiing into a homogenized sport for simpletons who will spend more money in the alpine themed shopping mall cum base village and then retire to the new condos made on a carefully bulldozed and filled wetland?

If I gave you a dollar for everyone that understands the significance of Conrad Black and Bre-X in that statement, you'd have almost enough for a big mack.

Brayshaw, and Murray are likely contenders, but that's about it.

A friend of mine made a bundle selling his Bre-X shares a few months before everything fell apart. I never asked him what prompted his decision - scared of heights, maybe? - but he must thank his lucky stars every day that he didn't hang on longer.

And the other day I was watching a re-broadcast of a public forum featuring Conrad Black and Spider Robinson and a couple of others. As much as I dislike the man personally, listening to him speak was really enjoyable. Say what you will about his personality and his attitude toward business ethics, the man certainly has a way with words.

I've already canceled two vacations that were tied into Canadian adventure travel (bummer for me).

Suck it up man your money is worth the same as mine..if you think thats condescending then too bad for you

Frankly, if the attitude of the majority of really AWESOME people I meet in Canada was anything like your's I'd be spending my money in Chile and Peru.

Frankly, your misfortune, if you can call it that, is my blessing and I am loving every minute of it: cheap electronics, cars, books..mom just got cash back on her new car since they slashed the price..its AWESOME!!! I really dont see how you think thats a bad attitude.

Come on down...

Suck it up man your money is worth the same as mine..if you think thats condescending then too bad for you

Because the loonie is now on par with the dollar they are worth the same :confused:

If you can now buy more in the US because of a favorable exchange rate the converse - that Americans can buy less in Canada also holds true. I'm still trying to figure out your statement about how the dollar can decline vs. the loonie, the loonie can decline vs. the euro, and the dollar can decline vs. the euro without leaving some massive currency play for people to profit on.