Chop chop!

kevbone

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not by gym standards - there's always room for another line when you bring your inside mentality outdoors. Such is the risk of developing and promoting an area to a primarily sport / gym community - they may lack your experience and ethics and so not share your sensibilities around such issues.

P.S. Looks like a good name for a route...

Not by gym standards - there's always room for another line when you bring your inside mentality outdoors. Such is the risk of developing and promoting an area to a primarily sport / gym community - they may lack your experience and ethics and so not share your sensibilities around such issues.

P.S. Looks like a good name for a route...

Chop chop or Extreeeeeme squeeze job?

BTW, these are older dudes and not just young kids who just stepped out of a gym. I'll bet that one guy is as old as you JH. :lmao:

:wave:

If you did not write that....I wonder who did?

you wrote that joseph

I might admit to that if you could give me one good reason why I'd be down there while ______ is open...

Besides, how would I be able to tell these new bolts from all the other new bolts? That, and whomever it was used way too much chalk writing it to be me.

And, to borrow an oft-bandied phrase, isn't all this covered under the "if they bother you, just don't clip'em" doctrine I hear all the time?

• 4 months later...

Are you saying that you are not going to put it in the new guidebook?

I think putting out a "guidebook" might not be a good thing. The place is already crowded, and Jim hands out a route list already to people he meets and likes.....(I already spoke my thoughts on that to him)

If you did not write that....I wonder who did?

you wrote that joseph

I might admit to that if you could give me one good reason why I'd be down there while ______ is open...

Besides, how would I be able to tell these new bolts from all the other new bolts? That, and whomever it was used way too much chalk writing it to be me.

And, to borrow an oft-bandied phrase, isn't all this covered under the "if they bother you, just don't clip'em" doctrine I hear all the time?

I know you might find it hard to believe, Joseph, but the term "grid bolting" never truly applied to this place UNTIL these bolts, IMO. One of my climbing partners has been plugging gear and clipping bolts since the mid-eighties and, truth be told, is mostly a sport climber familiar with the Tom Foolery of Smith. That said, the aforementioned dude was nonplussed by that bizarre nature of the "new" bolts depicted in the above photo.

So- good riddance!

Oh, yeah, before I forget... BEACON RULES!!!

phillip