trundler exonerated

jclark

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They guy took 100% responsibility felt undeniable remorse and risked his life fighting a war that has wasted the lives of thousands of young americans and Iraqi's. It doesn't seem like prosecuting him is going to serve any purpose, I don't think it's gonna make the widow feel any better.

They guy took 100% responsibility felt undeniable remorse and risked his life fighting a war that has wasted the lives of thousands of young americans and Iraqi's. It doesn't seem like prosecuting him is going to serve any purpose, I don't think it's gonna make the widow feel any better.

So for surviving Iraq, he's a hero...if he would have died, his life would be considered wasted in your opinion?

Not a hero but he has done a hell of a lot for his country. No, not enough to get away with killing someone but he had no intention of doing so. And the soldiers that die did not live wasted lives but the fact they are dying over there at all right now is a waste, yes.

remorse? he does not understand the word.

is he also remorseful for the people he killed in iraq.

those are crimes . his, is a life of crime. he has no idea.

he feels entitled to killing. like many in our society.

fry him!

You must know him well???

I have the feeling some of you folks are about to start lobbing rocks at each other to make your points. :blush:

The widow spoke to the authorities about the course of action she thought was best. She did this after talking to other family members.

It wasn't MY course of action. (I'm a vengeful prick generally)

It was not YOUR course of action.

But it wasn't our call then was it? Who the hell are any of you to tell her to STFU?

i think the guy's military service is irrelevant - personally i think its up to the family. if they wanted him prosecuted, they should have prosecuted him. if they preferred to go the civil rout and didn't want the criminal justice system involved, then the DA should respect that. but it the family wanted him prosecuted and the DA said "no" b/c he went to Iraq - well that's just plain wrong. they guy committed a crime.

i think the guy's military service is irrelevant - personally i think its up to the family. if they wanted him prosecuted, they should have prosecuted him. if they preferred to go the civil rout and didn't want the criminal justice system involved, then the DA should respect that. but it the family wanted him prosecuted and the DA said "no" b/c he went to Iraq - well that's just plain wrong. they guy committed a crime.

"Newell's decision not to prosecute followed a visit with Absolon's widow, Molly. "Molly has suffered the devastating loss of a loving husband and father to her only child. Her primary concern now is healing for herself and her daughter, Avery," Newell said in a press release. "She may pursue a civil case to recover damages that would assist in Avery's support and education.

This paragraph in the article seems to indicate the factors involved. Quite honestly, he should be on the hook financially for his actions, and it will be easier for him to make reparations if he's employed [i.e. not in jail, and no criminal record]